What's new

"The remote server is not responding" when installing Download Master

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kofii12345

Occasional Visitor
I cannot install Download Master Asus AC1900 "Checking the disk " and then I get "The remote server is not responding.". Is it my router fault or Asus Server. I use recent Asus Merlin. Is there any other way to install it?

What router model, specifically? What firmware are you using? What features and options past defaults have you configured on the router?

What does 'restored default config' mean? Did you reset to factory defaults, followed by a minimal and manual configuration (i.e. did not use a saved backup config file), or did you use a saved backup config file that was saved from another firmware version?

Yes. I did factory reset and manually configured everything. I tested second HDD and formatting it in router. Nothing helped.

Sigh. And what about the last sentence of post 2? :)

And before you omit it, what file format did you use? And how?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-04 124205.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 124205.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
Same here :-( ... keeping me from doing the workaround for asuswrt-scripts while waiting for Merlin to hopefully one day support the BE96U :-(

Edit: Reading other threads and posts from people with the same issue I saw mention of formatting the stick, so I checked my existing stick in my AX86U and noticed it was ext4 - so I formatted my stick ext4, put my asuswrt-scripts workaround on there, and _it_ is working now - I know that doesn't confirm for sure it would have also resolved the Download Manager issue, but it's worth trying at least for the next person who comes across this issue! I had it formatted FAT32 before that.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!