What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

You need to flash the firmware you want to use, first, and then reset to factory defaults. Do not use a saved backup config file afterward.

You may also find the M&M Config and ideally the Nuclear Reset guides useful too, along with the others in the link in my signature below.

On Alpha build 4 also trendmicro signature update is failing. It was failing on Alpha3 as well. Anyone else facing this issue ?
I have AC86U - router and 2 nodes

Uptime 3 days 4 hour(s) 51 minute(s) 52 seconds. Running AX86u (in default / router mode) and a AiMesh Node on an AC68U. Using WiFi AX on my iPhone and working well! No Issues at all, I'm running Dual Wan in load balancing mode with routing rules and AiMesh.

Stopped using my AX58U (with Merlin Stable) currently, has poor WIFI performance and range compared to both the AC68U and AX86U. I haven't tested this Alpha on my AX58U though, but I doubt any firmware can improve the Wi-Fi performance of it. The AX86U is shaping up to be the next AC68U in terms of performance and cost.

On Alpha build 4 also trendmicro signature update is failing. It was failing on Alpha3 as well. Anyone else facing this issue ?
I have AC86U - router and 2 nodes
No. AC86U on alpha 4 running very well here. One minor bug when trying to change device icon in guest network. Same error on Asus firmware.

I did a clean flash from 384.19 on all my routers
I flashed Alpha 4 on RT-AC86U as main router and also on 2 RT-AC68U as node.
I looks promising but it caused allot of problems for me and because of the wife and daughter I went back to 384.18

The problems:
When IP v6 is activated wifi reboots every 30 seconds
When Guest network is activated ( also on the nodes) I can't acces any wifi any more
And I have 24 devices but only 10 can connect (phone, table, computer, etc) all the IOT (google,, Nest, Tuya, etc) can't acces the wifi

Rt_AC86U here as well. I noticed the same behavior on 386 Alpha 4 on guest Wi-Fi as you. I think it's a bug....but if you go into guest wifi settings and switch access intranet to enabled......then everything on guest wi-fi will be able to access the internet. For some reason disabling access to intranet on guest network disables internet access......buuuut only on guest 1. If you use guest 2 or 3 with intranet disabled....everything works but...but nodes don't transmit guest network. I found this on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks.
If you use YazFi and set client isolation to on.....everything works and guest clients can't see each other.

On another note...2 RT-AC86U here with main router on Merlin 386A4 and node on the latest stock firmware Aimesh set up....all is working great. Using Diversion, Skynet, Flexqos and Yazfi as well......

AX58u users, is anybody having trouble flashing between Alpha 2,3,4 ?? My AX58u just reboots when I try to flash and I have to reset the router to make it take the next Alpha. I've gone back and experimented going between 384.17,384.18,384.19 and it flashes just fine so I don't think its hardware related.

No issues flashing any of the alphas with either of my RT-AX58Us(1 is a node), what I still have an issue doing is adding the second RT-AX58U as a AiMesh node wirelessly, the only way it succeeds is using the cable. Also, I had the main router reboot twice just clicking on different tabs in the webUI and that started with Alpha 4 but no flashing issues,

Stopped using my AX58U (with Merlin Stable) currently, has poor WIFI performance and range compared to both the AC68U and AX86U. I haven't tested this Alpha on my AX58U though, but I doubt any firmware can improve the Wi-Fi performance of it. The AX86U is shaping up to be the next AC68U in terms of performance and cost.

I originally replaced my RT-AC68U with a RT-AX56U and that had less reception than the RT-AC68U but that was fixed with the RT-AX58U, I actually think it's better now with it. Earlier firmware on the RT-AX58U were problematic but it's slowly getting stable enough with the newer firmwares, so it's my main router now. I haven't tried a AX86U, so I can't comment but I will probably get one in future if the right price comes around, the CPU/RAM specs are a nice enough upgrade,

but that was fixed with the RT-AX58U, I actually think it's better now with it.

Agree in my testing the AX58U has every bit as good signal on the 5GHz band as my AC3100. Also had my AX58U reboot as you stated just from clicking around the GUI but that was using Alpha 3 so far A4 has been stable.

Why post again what I posted a hour ago??? Only to ping @RMerlin?

He did it for the request to close the thread. Since he's the thread starter, I didn't want to close it until he formally asked for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!