What's new

Time scheduling online mode not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

creechy

New Around Here
I'm not sure if this is an ASUS or merlin bug. I'm running Asuswrt-merlin version 3004.388.4. I was trying to set up some Time Scheduling using the Online Scheduling mode. I wanted to set up multiple blocks on a daily schedule, but that doesn't appear to work correctly.

I set up two blocks
Code:
08:00 - 09:00
16:00 - 22:00

The result was the device was blocked all the time. Looking at the iptables rules that were created, I can see why

Code:
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 00:00:00 to 08:00:00 MAC 38:56:3D:2D:F4:85
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 09:00:00 to 23:59:59 MAC 38:56:3D:2D:F4:85
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 00:00:00 to 16:00:00 MAC 38:56:3D:2D:F4:85
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 22:00:00 to 23:59:59 MAC 38:56:3D:2D:F4:85

The second and fourth rules are wrong, as the end time is midnight.

I ended up switching back to the Offline scheduling mode, which is fine, just not as convenient to think about and visualize.

Is this the appropriate place to report the bug?

You may want to include your router model to assist others in replicating the issue.

Edit to add: In the stock Asus firmware there is an option to report an issue. This is not an official Asus website and they likely do not monitor (if at all) the issues posted here.

One question, are you using the router GUI (via web browser) to setup the time scheduling or the Asus mobile app? If the mobile app what is the mobile device's OS?

Last edited:
This is with an RT-AX86 Pro, using the web GUI via browser. I wasn't sure if this was a stock firmware feature or merlin specific. I'll try to submit a bug to Asus. Thanks.

This is with an RT-AX86 Pro, using the web GUI via browser. I wasn't sure if this was a stock firmware feature or merlin specific. I'll try to submit a bug to Asus. Thanks.
Replicating the same in iptables on a RT-AX86U Pro 3004.388.4 using the same time frames in Online scheduling.
Time Scheduling.jpg

Code:
Chain PControls (1 references)
target     prot opt source               destination
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 00:00:00 to 08:00:00 MAC 40:A2:DB:B8:xx:xx
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 09:00:00 to 23:59:59 MAC 40:A2:DB:B8:xx:xx
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 00:00:00 to 16:00:00 MAC 40:A2:DB:B8:xx:xx
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             TIME from 22:00:00 to 23:59:59 MAC 40:A2:DB:B8:xx:xx

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!