What's new

TM-AC1900 Random Disconnect w/AsusMerlin & Solution?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PhoenixV

Occasional Visitor
@RMerlin

Please bear with me here for a minute as the same "FIX" works for AsusMerlin...

So after months of stable operation with stock TMO firmware I began to have random crashes. I was able to access the router and found that although I could ping 8.8.8.8 through the router utilities, but wireless had stopped completely. Reboots did nothing to fix the issue. Then I discovered that by entering a value into the DNS field (i.e. 8.8.8.8) wireless operation resumed immediately. It worked for a random period of time then wireless stopped again. By simply removing the DNS entry (erasing what I had done before) and applying the change wireless began to work again (no reboot required). THIS "FIX" CONSISTENT AND REPEATABLE in over 20 tests.

I then loaded CFE 1.0.2.0 and loaded the latest Merlin release. Same exact issue... and the same exact fix works and is consistently repeatable.

Perhaps this can help to lead to a fix for this annoying issue that seems so prevalent?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!