What's new

GT-AXE16000_388.2_2 - Random Reboots

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mpetersen

New Around Here
I am seeing random reboots on my GT-AXE16000 since installing the latest firmware update? New here do i need to provide anything for proof?

Welcome to the forums @mpetersen.

More proof? No.

More details? Yes.

i installed the firmware update and while i am on the net it has already randomly rebooted 5 times since last night since installing the lastest GT-AXE16000_388.2_2. I have reverted back to stock if it does reboot from stock i will RMA it. I just got the router on April 28th and have had no issues since i was using merlin. Since that last firmware update there has been issues.

so far since the hard reset and return to stock firmware no random reboots
So you didn't do a reset after installing 388.2_2? Maybe that´s the point?
Please add a signature with your routermodell.

You should test flashing the latest firmware, followed by a full reset to factory defaults. And finishing by doing a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

So you didn't do a reset after installing 388.2_2? Maybe that´s the point?
Please add a signature with your routermodell.
done
Im pretty sure once i installed the firmware i rebooted the router. So far no random reboots

After a new firmware installation is a RESET TO FACTORY highly recommended to test if everything is ok. Not only a reboot.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!