1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Featured TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200 Smart Home Mesh Wi-Fi System Reviewed

Discussion in 'Wireless Article Discussions' started by thiggins, Jul 28, 2018.

1. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

[​IMG]
    TP-Link's Deco M9 Plus brings lots of features and a third radio to the Wi-Fi mesh system party.

Continue reading...

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede Regular Contributor

Tim, I think you've mixed up the RAM and eMMC in this device, as it's no way it has 4GB of RAM.

4. Razor512

Razor512 Senior Member

4GB would be a decent amount of RAM to have on a router, though for the high end units, they really should copy some phone makers and go with 8GB of RAM, and if possible, but stick with around 4-8GB of NAND, then allow users to load them with custom applications for whatever they need.

5. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede Regular Contributor

It'd be way too expensive with the current memory pricing. DRAM has been silly expensive for the past three years and haven't shown any signs to come down. Flash prices have at least come down a bit in price and I'm actually surprised to see 4GB of eMMC, as it's generally more expensive these days than 8GB, due to production coming to a close of 4GB eMMC.

On a side note, most SoCs have a hard upper limit with regards to how much RAM they support and this is often a lot less than you'd expect. MTK as an example has limited some of theyt router SoCs to 512MB or 1GB, even though it's not a CPU architecture limit.

Makaveli likes this.
  6. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

LostSwede: You are correct. Stupid mistake on my part. I fixed the table and Charts database. Thanks for catching my error.

Makaveli and TheLostSwede like this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!