What's new

Tp-Link router AC2300 issue USB sharing -Replacement?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matt832

New Around Here
My Asus 87u router crapped out. Second Asus router I've had, kind of got fed up with Asus and paying $$$ for stuff that only lasted 2-3 years. I have a large home and the Asus did not reach all areas well had to use a repeater to get to some areas. Did a fair amount of research and read a number of articles saying the TP-Link AC2300 pumps out lots of signal, and it does. Covers my home very well with no add on stuff. Great.

One of a number of issues I've had with the previous Asus router was file sharing. I have a 4T USB drive with files, music, TV show and Movies on it. When the USB 3 port on the Asus was working I had no issue feeding my media players, UHD BD player, ect with content. Unfortunately the USB 3 port quit working a while ago and had to attach the USB drive to my computer so my various players no longer saw the drive. Then I kept getting "Internet unavailable" on various wi-fi devices while I had a strong network connection so the Asus went in the junk where it belonged.

Been happy with TP-link but having issues with file sharing. Only 1 or 2 folders show up on my various devices, and from the research I've done it's known issue- for some time. I've had the TP -Link for a few weeks and if I'm going to return it it has to be soon. I paid $125 for it so looking for suggestions for something that pumps out a LOT of signal and does not have USB sharing issues. Willing to spend a bit more, will not spend $225 as I did for the Asus. Ideas?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!