What's new

Traffic Analyzer jumps up to very high rates for no reason?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Keenan

I'm pretty sure I've seen this come up before but couldn't find it doing a search. The traffic analyzer will read correctly but then start displaying a scale that many hundreds of times higher than what's actually being used/sent. The bottom of the graph displays the right amount but the graph itself is way out of whack. I can do a screen refresh and it goes back to normal but then a few seconds later the scale goes crazy again.

I'm guessing this is an ASUS issue and therefore it's a wait-and-see fix. Is this a known issue? Or do I have something not working right?

2021-03-08 16_08_19-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Traffic Monitor _ Real-time.jpg

Currently on 386.1_2, and I don't recall ever seeing this on 384 versions.

Apologies if this has already been beaten to death previously.

Thanks

This is probably the most relevant recent thread:

Yea, I posted in that other thread as well. That thread mostly talked about the impossible levels of traffic logged (and also spikes in those graphs). However, I added to the conversation that I had an issue only with the real-time graph. I seems logical it could be related to some underlying calculation or counter overflow that is shared with the spike problem.

No solution as far as I can tell. Thankfully it's only a minor nuisance.

Yeah, it's unfortunate because it worked just fine on 384, so I guess we just wait and see.