What's new

Traffic Monitor No Data in Daily & Monthly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should I try to enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring) and if that works, would that help in finding the cause or it works differently?

EDIT: So, with Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring) set to No and per device traffic statistics turned off, I am getting recorded daily traffic, so that is not it.

I just turned on traffic monitoring on my 68U an hour or so to test that very feature. Was going to give it the night to see if it collects data with that setting off. Also still researching the web on solutions / idea. This one has be stumped and will bug me now. Also, have you tried saving the rstats file to /jffs/ ? I've had issues in the past with saving the file to a USB drive. I keep mine on the /jffs/ drive now and have never had an issue (on my 86U).

One more question, and forgive me if it seems obvious (you won't believe the number of times I have driven hours on a trouble call to help out another maintainer just find that the battery was dead, so I have to ask....), there is acutally something plugged into the WAN port and passing traffic. (sorry for asking)

Last edited:
EDIT: So, with Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring) set to No and per device traffic statistics turned off, I am getting recorded daily traffic, so that is not it.

I just turned on traffic monitoring on my 68U an hour or so to test that very feature. Was going to give it the night to see if it collects data with that setting off. Also still researching the web on solutions / idea. This one has be stumped and will bug me now. Also, have you tried saving the rstats file to /jffs/ ? I've had issues in the past with saving the file to a USB drive. I keep mine on the /jffs/ drive now and have never had an issue (on my 86U).

One more question, and forgive me if it seems obvious (you won't believe the number of times I have driven hours on a trouble call to help out another maintainer just find that the battery was dead, so I have to ask....), there is acutally something plugged into the WAN port and passing traffic. (sorry for asking)
How to save on jffs? lol Yes there is a cable coming from my Fibre ONT plugged into the WAN port & obviously passing traffic otherwise I wouldn't have internet access. Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_114633.jpg
    IMG_20200528_114633.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 98
How to save on jffs? lol Yes there is a cable coming from my Fibre ONT plugged into the WAN port & obviously passing traffic otherwise I wouldn't have internet access. Photo attached.

Sorry, I had to ask :)

How to save on jffs? lol Yes there is a cable coming from my Fibre ONT plugged into the WAN port & obviously passing traffic otherwise I wouldn't have internet access. Photo attached.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I had ask.

In the save location field, enter /jffs/

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-27_19-53-2.png
    upload_2020-5-27_19-53-2.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 122
Can you post a screen shot of the real-time Traffic Monitor actually showing data on the "Internet" tab.
No Data on Internet tab. Is this related? I have a cable connected to WAN port from the fiber ONT so why no data on Internet tab?

Attachments

• internet.JPG
    internet.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 110
Is all your traffic going through the router's VPN client?
No VPN set up in router. This is a fresh config after factory reset, only installed amtm, skynet, diversion and configured Wi-Fi etc.

What happen when you turn off skynet?

What happen when you turn off skynet?
Let me try. I have changed to jffs. How long before some data should appear in Daily tab?
Also this is another screen shot of LAN IPTV which is required to be set for internet to work.
IPTV.JPG

I would think you should see data right away in your traffic monitor graph. For the stats file, data is written hourly, so you need to wait at least an hour.

Don't know if IPTV settings will affect things. Colin may know better.

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the reason.
I am pretty sure it used to work before and this IPTV settings has never changed. Other setting that works instead of choosing VFNZ is in the screen shot. So what does this mean? Is this not a standard? How do you guys connect to your ISP?

Attachments

• iptv1.JPG
    iptv1.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 108
I would think you should see data right away in your traffic monitor graph. For the stats file, data is written hourly, so you need to wait at least an hour.

Don't know if IPTV settings will affect things. Colin may know better.
Traffic monitor graph shows data for real time and last 24 hours for Wireless & Wired. Internet tab doesn't show data at all.
So real time & last 24 hours for wireless & wired is processed & stored differently than daily & monthly?

I am pretty sure it used to work before and this IPTV settings has never changed. Other setting that works instead of choosing VFNZ is in the screen shot. So what does this mean? Is this not a standard? How do you guys connect to your ISP?
Using the IPTV setting creates a type of dual WAN using VLAN's I believe. This is not the way most people connect to the internet, they have IPTV disabled. That is why I wouldn't be surprised if this is the issue.

Traffic monitor graph shows data for real time and last 24 hours for Wireless & Wired. Internet tab doesn't show data at all.
So real time & last 24 hours for wireless & wired is processed & stored differently than daily & monthly?
As I said previously, it doesn't matter what the graphs show for wired and wireless. The only thing that matters is what is shown on the "Internet" tab as that is what will be saved to the rstats file.

The rstat file only records what is on the wan port.

Most Canadian ISP don't have any tagging so we don't need to set up the IPTV settings at all (except for Bell Fibe if you elect not to use their fibre modem).

You could put it to the test. If you have an old router that you can use as your primary, then setup the 68U as a secondary router (lan port of primary to wan port of the 68U), setup the 68U wan as dhcp and turn off IPTV and get some traffic to go through the secondary router and see if you get traffic recorded on your real time graph.

Other than that, I am at my end. I am out of ideas.

Have you changed your router address from the default (192.168.1.1)? I vaguely have a memory of some stats problems with some non-standard addresses.

Have you changed your router address from the default (192.168.1.1)? I vaguely have a memory of some stats problems with some non-standard addresses.
No I haven't

Vodafone tags the internet port with Vlan 10. I'll do some testing between my two routers tonight and see if tagged traffic is being ignored by rstat. I looked over the source code real quick this morning before work. I did notice that the code seems to check for a vlan tag 1. But that was just a real quick out the door scan.

Cheers