1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Traffic Monitor No Data in Daily & Monthly

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Khadanja, May 22, 2020 at 6:35 PM.

1. Khadanja

Khadanja Regular Contributor

I only see data in Real Time tab and also see in last 24 hours but nothing in Daily or monthly. Tried everything, also tried factory reset without any custom settings. All screen shots below. I might have posted earlier so apologies in advance but this is driving me nuts.
    Also the Internet tab in Real-time shows nothing.

Attached Files:

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

There are numerous posts about this already. Review those for possible solutions.

QuikSilver likes this.
  3. Khadanja

I have reviewed all. Where is the traffic monitor data stored?

4. ColinTaylor

In the location you specified under Tools - Other Settings.

QuikSilver likes this.
  5. Khadanja

Yeah tried changing that too. But if Real Time is working, what does that mean? Does real time and daily/monthly store data differently? Why would only real time work?

6. ColinTaylor

Yes. Only the daily/monthly data is stored permanently in the file, the other data is only held in memory.

7. MarkRH

MarkRH Senior Member

It creates the data in a file like `tomato_rstats_(numbers & letters).gz` in whatever directory you told it in Tools->Other Settings. Also, make sure you are checking "Create or reset data files: Enable if using a new location" to make it create/re-create the database. You might also want to go into the Network Map -> USB Drive data is stored on and do a Health Scan.