What's new

Traffic Monitor No Data in Daily & Monthly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

I only see data in Real Time tab and also see in last 24 hours but nothing in Daily or monthly. Tried everything, also tried factory reset without any custom settings. All screen shots below. I might have posted earlier so apologies in advance but this is driving me nuts.
Also the Internet tab in Real-time shows nothing.

Attachments

• Real Time.JPG
    Real Time.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Real time Internet WAN.JPG
    Real time Internet WAN.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Last 24 hrs.JPG
    Last 24 hrs.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 292
  • daily.JPG
    daily.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 317
  • monthly.JPG
    monthly.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 290
In the location you specified under Tools - Other Settings.
Yeah tried changing that too. But if Real Time is working, what does that mean? Does real time and daily/monthly store data differently? Why would only real time work?

It creates the data in a file like `tomato_rstats_(numbers & letters).gz` in whatever directory you told it in Tools->Other Settings. Also, make sure you are checking "Create or reset data files: Enable if using a new location" to make it create/re-create the database. You might also want to go into the Network Map -> USB Drive data is stored on and do a Health Scan.

It creates the data in a file like `tomato_rstats_(numbers & letters).gz` in whatever directory you told it in Tools->Other Settings. Also, make sure you are checking "Create or reset data files: Enable if using a new location" to make it create/re-create the database. You might also want to go into the Network Map -> USB Drive data is stored on and do a Health Scan.
I've tried, RAM, NVRAM and Custom location. Just tried again with custom location & checked create or reset data files...
When I scan the drive, result window shows nothing. is it supposed to show anything?
But then if it was drive issue then why wouln't it show data when RAM or NVRAM selected. I can see that tomato_rstats file just got created. Screen shot attached

Attachments

• traffic.JPG
    traffic.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 195
Ok so after few hours I checked the file, time has changed so something is writing to the file but the GUI page doesn't show it.

Attachments

• traffic1.JPG
    traffic1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 167
Thanks for the script. My rstat file has date entries but no data. So router is not writing data to rstat! What could be the reason?

What router are you using and what version firmware?

I am really kind of at a loss. I am looking at my 68U now trying to figure out how, and with what parameters rstat gets started with.

In the meantime, look at your tomato_rstat file. The filename will be in the form of "tomato_rstats_<WAN MAC ID>.gz. Look up the MAC ID of your wan port and make sure it matches the filename. That way we can verify rstat is looking at the right port.

Also, you are using your 68U as a router and not as AP or the like? Not sure if rstat works in those modes or not.

I am really kind of at a loss. I am looking at my 68U now trying to figure out how, and with what parameters rstat gets started with.

In the meantime, look at your tomato_rstat file. The filename will be in the form of "tomato_rstats_<WAN MAC ID>.gz. Look up the MAC ID of your wan port and make sure it matches the filename. That way we can verify rstat is looking at the right port.

Also, you are using your 68U as a router and not as AP or the like? Not sure if rstat works in those modes or not.
Using as AP and it used to work some time ago. Yeah MAC ID on file matches the MAC ID of eth0.
Does it depend on anything else being turned on? QOS or per IP monitoring?

Also just to cover off all the basis, in the GUI->Tools->Other Settings, under traffic monitoring, what do you have for a save frequency.

I'm pretty certain it doesn't work in AP mode (which is why your pictures only show data for wireless not internet). The rstats file records the volume of data coming in and out of the WAN port, which of course will be zero in AP mode.

EDIT
That was my thought train as well.

Sorry @ColinTaylor @Jeffrey Young my fault, not sure why I wrote AP. I'm using it in Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default).
mode.JPG

Last edited: