What's new

Trouble with RT-AX58U and RT-AX3000U using Merlin with AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jalowan

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have an AX58U and an AX3000. I had AiMesh set up using stock Asus firmware. I flashed both with Merlin firmware. I had noticed at one point that the node (the AX3000) was not in the AiMesh. I've since hard reset both, tried to load stock ASUS firmware again, and the AiMesh network will not set up. When I flash to stock ASUS firmware, it still has the appearance of the Merlin firmware. What am I doing wrong? I hard reset with power off - hold WPS - turn on - wait for power light to go on, flash, then off - power cycle again.

Thanks for any help

Hi all,

I have an AX58U and an AX3000. I had AiMesh set up using stock Asus firmware. I flashed both with Merlin firmware. I had noticed at one point that the node (the AX3000) was not in the AiMesh. I've since hard reset both, tried to load stock ASUS firmware again, and the AiMesh network will not set up. When I flash to stock ASUS firmware, it still has the appearance of the Merlin firmware. What am I doing wrong? I hard reset with power off - hold WPS - turn on - wait for power light to go on, flash, then off - power cycle again.

Thanks for any help

Be sure you are uploading the correct firmware for the router model. And reset that firmware after you install it. I prefer to login to the webUI and select Restore w/Initialize to reset and clear logged data.

OE

Be sure you are uploading the correct firmware for the router model. And reset that firmware after you install it. I prefer to login to the webUI and select Restore w/Initialize to reset and clear logged data.

OE
Thanks OzarkEdge. I have gotten the exact firmware for each device (there is a separate one for AX58U and AX3000 on the ASUS website, even thought they are the same router) and I have done a hard reset after install. I have not used the web UI to do a reset. I will give this a try.

Thanks OzarkEdge. I have gotten the exact firmware for each device (there is a separate one for AX58U and AX3000 on the ASUS website, even thought they are the same router) and I have done a hard reset after install. I have not used the web UI to do a reset. I will give this a try.

If the old firmware remains after the upload, then the upload is not taking place. Do you have USB storage attached?

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!