What's new

AX58U upgrade?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrboonmee

Occasional Visitor
What is the logical upgrade if more range is needed from AX58U? I see some newer models like AX5400 and AX88U PRO etc

Last edited:
If that RT-AX88U Pro is within your budget, that is the best bang-for-the-buck hardware you can buy today.

you can go with GT-AX6000

@mrboonmee already has one GT-AX6000. Perhaps they are looking for something cheaper as AiMesh node?

I've had the AX68U for months and its been terrific though I have no idea about your budget and type of range you seek. Rock solid router though :)

What is the logical upgrade if more range is needed from AX58U? I see some newer models like AX5400 and AX88U PRO etc
Better define your expectations and working conditions.
RT-AX88U Pro will have a very similar range to GT-AX6000.
TUF-AX5400 will likely have similar range to RT-AX58U, at least for 2.4 GHz.

Range depends on many factors house construction , how crowded your neighborhood is re wifi . In the country house my signal is good for 800 feet outside the house AX1100pro , in the city might be good for 200 feet outside the house AXE1100

PS, the 2/26/24 firmware release, v 3.0.0.4.388_24646 made dramatic improvements in performance..range is nearly double what it was the previous version and the auto update worked perfectly. Rock on Asus!

PS, the 2/26/24 firmware release, v 3.0.0.4.388_24646 made dramatic improvements in performance..range is nearly double what it was the previous version and the auto update worked perfectly. Rock on Asus!

Must be RT-AX68U? AX58U yet to receive firmware this year. thanks for that

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!