What's new

TUF-AX6000 disconnect the WAN every 12-14 min for just a few seconds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eulfkar

New Around Here
I replaced my old RT-AC3200 with a fancy TUF-AX6000, and since then the TUF-AX6000 disconnect the WAN every 12-15 min just for a few seconds.
I am not getting anywhere with ASUS support , they told me to go back to the store and get a new one after we have tried hard rest etc.

Same issue and every time the same message in the sys log

May 30 20:50:34 rc_service: wanduck 1180:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0
May 30 20:50:38 kernel: _nvram_free: 7730(udhcpc_wan) nvram_idx(0 / 2)
May 30 20:50:38 wan: finish adding multi routes
May 30 20:50:38 miniupnpd[7020]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
May 30 20:50:38 : it is advised to use network interface name instead of 192.168.50.1/255.255.255.0
May 30 20:50:38 miniupnpd[7795]: HTTP listening on port 32831
May 30 20:50:38 miniupnpd[7795]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351
May 30 20:50:38 rc_service: udhcpc_wan 7730:notify_rc stop_samba
May 30 20:50:38 rc_service: udhcpc_wan 7730:notify_rc start_samba
May 30 20:50:38 rc_service: waitting "stop_samba" via udhcpc_wan ...
May 30 20:50:38 Samba Server: smb daemon is stopped
May 30 20:50:39 dhcp client: bound 81.225.66.78/255.255.255.0 via 81.225.66.1 for 10800 seconds.
May 30 20:50:40 WAN(0) Connection: WAN was restored.

I have compared all the settings with my old RT_AC3200 and the only difference is some extra settings possibilities as below, the RT_AC3200 had only DNS auto.

1685472833714.png

Anybody has an idea what could be causing this??

Are there any other messages in the log just prior to those you posted?

Also look at the logs of the modem. There may be some indication of the problem there.

A couple of things you could try.

1) Power off your modem for 20 minutes and then turn it back on again.

2) Clone the MAC address of your old RT-AC3200 onto the TUF-AX6000. The MAC address of the RT-AC3200 can be found printed on the label on the bottom of router. Log on to the TUF-AX6000 and enter the MAC address at WAN - Internet Connection > MAC Address. Apply that change and wait for the router to reboot. Once the router has come back up power off both the router and the modem. Wait 2 minutes and power on the modem. Wait another 5 minutes before powering on the router.

Oh there is a lot of messages but i thought these were the important ones. i have attached the latest sys log

Oh there is a lot of messages but i thought these were the important ones. i have attached the latest sys log
There are a lot of "WAN(0) link down" messages in the log. This could indicate an ISP issue or a physical problem with the connection from the modem to the router (e.g. bad cable). Try changing the Ethernet cable between the modem and the router. Also look at the log on the modem.

Check your Internet Status: Click on the blue globe to the left of the Internet Status: Connected. An Internet Status panel will then show on the right. Check the Lease time which will show how often the WAN IP address will renew. Below that is a Lease Expires value. The IP address lease should renew when the Lease Expires value reaches half of the Lease time. For example, my Lease Time is 15 minutes and the lease renews when the Lease Expires reaches 7 minutes 30 seconds. If your lease does not renew like this you may have to change the WAN/DHCP query frequency.

Check your Internet Status: Click on the blue globe to the left of the Internet Status: Connected. An Internet Status panel will then show on the right. Check the Lease time which will show how often the WAN IP address will renew. Below that is a Lease Expires value. The IP address lease should renew when the Lease Expires value reaches half of the Lease time. For example, my Lease Time is 15 minutes and the lease renews when the Lease Expires reaches 7 minutes 30 seconds. If your lease does not renew like this you may have to change the WAN/DHCP query frequency.
Lease time 3 hours!

Sems to be getting this pre WAN disconnect
rc_service: wanduck 1179:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0 ((The WANDUCK) part and why this is happening
Anybody know what that means?

Sems to be getting this pre WAN disconnect
rc_service: wanduck 1179:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0 ((The WANDUCK) part and why this is happening
Anybody know what that means?
There are a lot of "WAN(0) link down" messages in the log. This could indicate an ISP issue or a physical problem with the connection from the modem to the router (e.g. bad cable). Try changing the Ethernet cable between the modem and the router. Also look at the log on the modem.
Also look at the logs of the modem. There may be some indication of the problem there.

A couple of things you could try.

1) Power off your modem for 20 minutes and then turn it back on again.

2) Clone the MAC address of your old RT-AC3200 onto the TUF-AX6000. The MAC address of the RT-AC3200 can be found printed on the label on the bottom of router. Log on to the TUF-AX6000 and enter the MAC address at WAN - Internet Connection > MAC Address. Apply that change and wait for the router to reboot. Once the router has come back up power off both the router and the modem. Wait 2 minutes and power on the modem. Wait another 5 minutes before powering on the router.