What's new

TX Brust Wifi 5 Ghz Merlin 386.1 AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thank you very much, so like me the DTIM value at 1.

for the Tx Burst 5 GHz activated, it may be that on my router there was a bug and it is disabled by default. I will activate it manually.
That's up to you if you want to enable 5GHz burst either way it will not affect the wireless performance of 5GHz clients not unless you have wireless g clients. I have mine disabled.

That's up to you if you want to enable 5GHz burst either way it will not affect the wireless performance of 5GHz clients not unless you have wireless g clients. I have mine disabled.
thank you for your response.

I just found this: :

Turn Bursting On When:
In general, you should turn these options on if you have 1~5 devices supported at the same time by your wireless router or access point. The more devices that your AP is supporting, the more likely that you may run into lag issues with the Tx or frame burst technology. Since most of the wifi network is pretty dynamic with different usage patterns, you will have to make that decision based on own personal usage.

Turn Busting Off When:
The only exception is that you should turn Tx Burst off if you are running N or AC only networks. Remember to read to tooltip to make sure that your router is supporting your level of technology. Most of the router’s settings do specify that Tx Burst is only supported in 802.11g wifi standards.

Source :

I only use WIFI AC devices, so should I leave it on off like you ?

thank you for your response.

I just found this: :

Turn Bursting On When:
In general, you should turn these options on if you have 1~5 devices supported at the same time by your wireless router or access point. The more devices that your AP is supporting, the more likely that you may run into lag issues with the Tx or frame burst technology. Since most of the wifi network is pretty dynamic with different usage patterns, you will have to make that decision based on own personal usage.

Turn Busting Off When:
The only exception is that you should turn Tx Burst off if you are running N or AC only networks. Remember to read to tooltip to make sure that your router is supporting your level of technology. Most of the router’s settings do specify that Tx Burst is only supported in 802.11g wifi standards.

Source :

I only use WIFI AC devices, so should I leave it on off like you ?
Test both options and see the effect yourself. From the link you posted.
Code:
Tx Burst mode (packet overdrive) is only applicable for G client devices and sometimes B. Which means that Tx Bursting does not apply to wirelness N or AC networks.

So if you have everything running in N or higher as with purely N support only. You should consider to disable or turn off the Tx Support.

Frame Burst or Packet Burst sometimes do apply to the later technologies.

Default on my AC routers for DTIM has been 3 but both my AX58U and AX88U were DTIM 1 when I received them but I do change them to 3,

It may be helpful to correct the spelling error on the post title. We're talking about 'Burst' here, not 'Brust', correct?

iirc 5g tx burst is only used on 802.11A devices so this is a null issue gents. well unless you have 802.11A devices in use anyway.
furthermore, on 2.4 its only used for 802.11G devices.

that is, IIRC afterall.