What's new

Ubiquiti Announces New Budget Saving UniFi APs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Du har missat hela poangen med vad Unifi ar, och hur det funkar. Det ar inte 'stand-alone', du maste kontrolera AP'rna fran deras management software. TP-Link ar ju ganska billigt skit, sa testa en AP-AC-Pro och kom over till de stora pojkarnas lag

I know wath it is, how it works, i have AC-PRO my self.
I just wanted to know if you could see other brands of AP in the management software, or its just recognize UniFi APs,
Sence i dont have other brands AP my self, so nothing to get excited about in other words calm down.

I know wath it is, how it works, i have AC-PRO my self.
I just wanted to know if you could see other brands of AP in the management software, or its just recognize UniFi APs,
Sence i dont have other brands AP my self, so nothing to get excited about in other words calm down.
No you can't, it's UBNT or the highway.

The reason it says 4Gb on the box...and actually doesn't anymore on the newest shipping ones has to do with certification. In order not to get sued they lowered the spec listed on the box. Once they get all the potential features legally certified the label will return.

The three biggest features of this AP are:
It has 3 CPUs, one per radio, and another just to do traffic management/QOS, it can handle a lot of load
It has working beamforming, which works well and will continue to be improved
Its 4x4 is software limited to 800Mbps on 2.4Ghz and 1.733Gbps on 5Ghz both via 4 streams @ MCS 9

The hardware can do 4 streams @ MCS9 using a 160 channel width but doing so jeopardized their certification, especially since their DFS implementation still needs some work. So in order to get the product out, the labeling was changed.

If all things are equal, physical ethernet would be called 2Gbe. Once you account for beaconing, multicast packets, retransmits... yeah you 'll need something close to 4Gb wireless to max out a single physical 1Gbe cable under normal use.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!