What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats - WebUI for Diversion statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Some WebUI issues with this script and ntpMerlin. I had uiDivStats running for a few days and today I installed ntpMerlin. Now I'm missing the 'Diversion Statistic' tab in the 'Tools' menu. So I reinstalled uiDivStats script again which brought the tab back, but after a router reboot it disappeared again. There seems to be some kind of conflict with these two scripts running simultaneously.

My uiDivStats tab does not come up after a reboot - I reported this on a previous post. I have to SSH and either update or regenerate stats from its menu in order to see it again.

Can you check the output of these commands, removing the spaces in 'e t c' (post filter is triggered):
Code:
cat /e t c/hosts.dnsmasq
cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
If both return nothing then I know what the problem is.

Of interest would be if you have output for these:
Code:
nvram get custom_clientlist
nvram get dhcp_staticlist

Code:
cat /e t c/hosts.dnsmasq ... returns ... "No such file or directory"
cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases ... returns nothing

There is zero output for both nvram commands!

Code:
cat /e t c/hosts.dnsmasq ... returns ... "No such file or directory"
cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases ... returns nothing

There is zero output for both nvram commands!
This device is in Wireless router mode?
Your connected clients must be stored somewhere. If all these are empty then ?

This device is in Wireless router mode?
Your connected clients must be stored somewhere. If all these are empty then ?

Aha - you on to something here. The DSL-AC68U connects via VDSL to the internet with WiFi routing available on it - but it sits in front of [public side] of a Cyberoam Firewall which handles all internal client routing. So the only non-wifi client what the DSL-AC68U "sees" is the Cyberoam.

Will be out for next 3 hours ... sorry

Aha - you on to something here. The DSL-AC68U connects via VDSL to the internet with WiFi routing available on it - but it sits in front of [public side] of a Cyberoam Firewall which handles all internal client routing. So the only non-wifi client what the DSL-AC68U "sees" is the Cyberoam.

Will be out for next 3 hours ... sorry
If there's no connected client list, then the stats function is essentially pointless IMO.
I can only offer to modify the script to create the stats without the client specific tables if no client list is available:
- NO The top X noisiest name clients
- NO Top X domains for top X clients

If there's no connected client list, then the stats function is essentially pointless IMO.
I can only offer to modify the script to create the stats without the client specific tables if no client list is available:
- NO The top X noisiest name clients
- NO Top X domains for top X clients

Many thanks for the offer - however I am a firm believer in the 90% rule ... [i.e. if its not needed by 90%+ of the user base ... it ain't worth fixing].
Diversion on the DSL-AC68U is serving us really well at the "front" end of our the small office environment - ahead of the Cyberoam CRiNG15 which in turn handles our client security right down to application level security ... and of course client statistics. Keeping the adverts and telemetrics out of our network is the vital role that Diversion plays ... and coupled to Skynet extends the blocking of malicious sites.

The DSL-AC68U also plays a role in providing customers with guest WiFi access to the internet with no way of accessing our local LAN. These WiFi clients are of course intermittent - so the only "client" residing permanently on the Asus is the Cyberoam. At times, and for fairly short intervals, several WiFi guests connect to the DSL-AC68U directly ... and I was hoping to be able to get periodic stats on their access to the internet [since the Cyberoam never "sees" these clients].

What is the minimum number of clients that Diversion would need in order to behave as designed from a stats point of view? If it is just 2 clients [the Cyberoam and one other] - I could hook up another device on a permanent basis to fix the Stats run - and yet hopefully also catch the guest WiFi client Stats from time to time.

Many thanks for the offer - however I am a firm believer in the 90% rule ... [i.e. if its not needed by 90%+ of the user base ... it ain't worth fixing].
Too late, it's already built in locally. I might have seen that "cat: can't open '/tmp/uidivstats/div-allips.tmp': No such file or directory" elsewhere.
This is an error that can either abort the stats generation completely or Diversion does what it usually does: It adapts to the environment.
This change will be included in the next release.

What is the minimum number of clients that Diversion would need in order to behave as designed from a stats point of view? If it is just 2 clients [the Cyberoam and one other] - I could hook up another device on a permanent basis to fix the Stats run - and yet hopefully also catch the guest WiFi client Stats from time to time.
1 (one) or notNULL or result of (0+1).

After installing the latest .11 update, I had to do a forced update to uiDivStats for it to reappear in Tools. Just a little heads up in case anyone else experiences the same thing.

After installing the latest .11 update, I had to do a forced update to uiDivStats for it to reappear in Tools. Just a little heads up in case anyone else experiences the same thing.
Despite doing a forced update the tab still disappeared after a router reboot.

Too late, it's already built in locally. I might have seen that "cat: can't open '/tmp/uidivstats/div-allips.tmp': No such file or directory" elsewhere.
This is an error that can either abort the stats generation completely or Diversion does what it usually does: It adapts to the environment.
This change will be included in the next release.

1 (one) or notNULL or result of (0+1).

o_O Not "3" ... as per your notably humorous post in another thread - with reference to the Holy Grail ??? :D .

Strangely - the DSL-AC68U has consistently reported its single client since first installation - so there has always been ONE [1] client in its list.
Anyway - pleased it has been fixed and will be present in the next Diversion release.

In the meantime I am updating uiDivStats and will report back if it results in any errors.
MANY thanks

Jack, these graphs are great. But for the work to be complete, there is something that should be changed.
Just a clue ... Top 10 blocked ad/requested domains ... 15 bars ... ;)

Jack, these graphs are great. But for the work to be complete, there is something that should be changed.
Just a clue ... Top 10 blocked ad/requested domains ... 15 bars ... ;)

@Jack Yaz, there is plenty of room to make it 'Top 20' or 'Top 30' or 'Top 50'. :)

Btw, v0.5.3 is working great!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!