What's new

Unable to remove stuck torrent in Asus Download Master Utility

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alphasmsn

Occasional Visitor
I have a Asus RT-AC88U router and regularly used Download Master Utility (ver 2.2.3.4) to download torrents on to a portable 4TB HDD. The router has firmware 386.2_6 loaded and connected to my win 10 PC via ethernet. However, when I add another torrent, the torrent is stuck on the Download Master Utility, I could not remove it even after rebooting the router. I accessed the webui for http://192.168.1.1:8081 but the torrent does not exist on the router, it is only present in Asus Download Master Utility. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the utility and the torrent is still present on the utility, and I could not figure out where was it stored. I even Format JFFS partition at next boot on the router but it still persist on the utility. Adding other torrents causes all the torrents to get stuck in the utility. How can I force remove the torrent in Download Master Utility?

1NFivcx.jpg

I don't use torrents or download master so just a guess , is there a partial/broken download package on the 4TB drive?

Well, I highly doubt it. The 4 TB drive was used for storage from the torrent downloads for a few months without any issue.

But, did you actually check to see / verify?

The torrent cannot be remove on the download master utility and the torrent is not present in the in the transmission webui. So how can I check and verify?
EqPA4K7.jpg

On the drive itself.

I scanned the 4 TB drive, but could not find the torrent. Is it located in the PC?

That is your next place to check. You have downloaded a new copy of the ASUS utility so it is impossible for the torrent to be present in that.

You need to clear your cache/cookies etc on your PC.

Scanned the 4TB drive, no torrent found. Scanned the drive on Download Master, no torrent found. But in the Download Master Utility, the stuck torrent is still there.

Maybe try backing up & deleting the whole Download2 folder on your flash drive / USB drive? Download master stores torrent files in the Download2/configs/torrent folder

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!