What's new

Unable to specify port range in Network Services Filter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xendi

Occasional Visitor
If I try to do something like this:

UGM57zB.png

I always get the error dialog "Please enter a value between 1 to 65535":

6oO5MBh.png

I am unable to enter port ranges. It will only accept singlular port numbers.

Colons (21:23) or separate entries. Not sure the use case here, perhaps you could elaborate?

How does it not make sense? I want to block outbound connections to servers on that port range.
Sorry, my mistake. :oops: I looked at your screenshot and thought you were talking about the Port Forwarding page.

The Network Services Filter blocks traffic from the LAN to the WAN, not the other way around.

From the Asus docs, they are delimited by commas: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1013636/
That page is wrong, or out of date. (Notice how they changed the port number in image #8 :rolleyes:)

Selecting FTP from the Well-Known Applications it creates 20:21. The pop-up help for that field says that only individual ports or ranges (defined by : < or >) are allowed.

The Network Services Filter blocks traffic from the LAN to the WAN, not the other way around.

That page is wrong, or out of date. (Notice how they changed the port number in image #8 :rolleyes:)

Selecting FTP from the Well-Known Applications it creates 20:21. The pop-up help for that field says that only individual ports or ranges (defined by : < or >) are allowed.

so how do I block LAN clients from connecting out to a port range? If I have a large range to block, I'm not going to list each port number.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!