What's new

UPnP - Multiple Xbox One Gaming Consoles & NAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also before I forget can you tell me what port of your ps4 uses, I bet its not 3074, that why the nat is moderate check the ps4 screen shots I have here of my cousins ps4, same bug I had with cod, its not using a normal port number, .
if you look at the upnp log 9308 (udp) is the ps4 ip is 192.168.1.18, tedro is the xbox one.
I think ive found the issue :p
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a-couple-of-assorted-issues.40522/

ps4 ports
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

Just loaded Destiny on my PS4 and port 3074 opened up in my UPNP table.

Just loaded Destiny on my PS4 and port 3074 opened up in my UPNP table.
that would be for destiny it has a different port number on xbox, destiny opens 1200 or some thing, but check the link, I posted, scroll to the ps4 one and look at the upnp log, not the 3074 the ps4 is supposed to use, if ps4 uses 3074 then the log should show 3074 internal 3074 external, and it 3074 is in use then, 3074 internal 3479 external just as an example. ive never seen 9308 listed as a ps4 port in the guides.

that would be for destiny it has a different port number on xbox, destiny opens 1200 or some thing, but check the link, I posted, scroll to the ps4 one and look at the upnp log, not the 3074 the ps4 is supposed to use, if ps4 uses 3074 then the log should show 3074 internal 3074 external, and it 3074 is in use then, 3074 internal 3479 external just as an example. ive never seen 9308 listed as a ps4 port in the guides.

All it says is 3074 for me. I see 9307 and 9308 for my daughters PS4.

All it says is 3074 for me. I see 9307 and 9308 for my daughters PS4.
that's odd still you your still on type 2?, seems all the guides are wrong about which port to use, I'm going to guess that the ports are not what are listed from the guide

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 UDP: 3478-3479
is what I got from the guide.
have you tried dmz, the only other thing I can think of is masquerade rules, that some guy in miniupnp forum did for multiple xbox ones, other wise sony needs to do a Microsoft and fix it, read good old ms is going to fix xbox and let us choose port numbers.

that's odd still you your still on type 2?, seems all the guides are wrong about which port to use, I'm going to guess that the ports are not what are listed from the guide

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 UDP: 3478-3479
is what I got from the guide.
have you tried dmz, the only other thing I can think of is masquerade rules, that some guy in miniupnp forum did for multiple xbox ones, other wise sony needs to do a Microsoft and fix it, read good old ms is going to fix xbox and let us choose port numbers.

That's only if you can't connect to PSN.

One thing we have to remember NAT is determined by how your router talks to your modem. It may be the modem that is causing strict NAT and not the console or router.

the issue is probably just a bug I the way console detects nat status, also moderate nat can cause issues, just depnds on the modem or router used.
my gta v on pc gives me a moderate nat staus, on my 88u but on my old r8000 it was open nat.

the issue is probably just a bug I the way console detects nat status, also moderate nat can cause issues, just depnds on the modem or router used.
my gta v on pc gives me a moderate nat staus, on my 88u but on my old r8000 it was open nat.

NAT is how the router gives your console the IP from the router say 192.168.1.47 and the modem has to scramble it to secure it to get to the server. That's where the NAT gets all messed up or goes through perfectly. NAT will always be an issue for years to come.

NAT is how the router gives your console the IP from the router say 192.168.1.47 and the modem has to scramble it to secure it to get to the server. That's where the NAT gets all messed up or goes through perfectly. NAT will always be an issue for years to come.
i know how nat works, and what it is, i was talking about the implemntstion in the consoles how they handle upnp, and things. The routers implentation of nat is one factor in how the console determins its nat but its the main one.

With my experience with Moderate NAT on PS4 and Xbox One. People can join my session but we just can't talk. So voice communication is disrupted.

We generally game on the Xbox One playing COD:BO3. I've noticed we always have to switch to "Party Chat" and could never figure out why this was the case. I just realized it's most likely due to the fact of some / one in our group is moderate NAT.

i know how nat works, and what it is, i was talking about the implemntstion in the consoles how they handle upnp, and things. The routers implentation of nat is one factor in how the console determins its nat but its the main one.

Oh I know bro. I'm just saying everyone keeps talking about the consoles and no one is talking about the modem. The modem plays a big part in NAT.

We generally game on the Xbox One playing COD:BO3. I've noticed we always have to switch to "Party Chat" and could never figure out why this was the case. I just realized it's most likely due to the fact of some / one in our group is moderate NAT.

I've noticed on Xbox One even with Open NAT that we can talk and hear each other better in a party than when in a game session. I'm talking about Destiny and Gears of War 4.

I was offering to test it for you since I have the games I was just listing pc games with nat, if you need that tested just ask me, also if you want I can post screen shots, the steam copies of cod I have a cross both pcs work perfectly fine with open nat, the only one being a pia is the spec ops mode of mw3, but multiplayer mode has open, and battle born both copis on steam have mod nat.

Give it a try, that's why I wrapped the changes in a script that takes care of changing the firewall rules.

Yes, the major test in all of this is having two or more of the same device connected to the router and test to see if OPEN NAT is see in both devices, on each devices network settings, then to see if OPEN NAT is seen in game on both consoles.

This is the best test to check for OPEN NAT with multiple consoles running.

ill have to ask my friend to if they can loan me their spare ps4, assuming it works, hmmm I'm thinking dmz, or manual port forwarding, not that I'm not willing to help, I just don't own one sry, so until I can either get my cousin to bring his or my friend to come to an arrangement, my hands are tied.

One thing I noticed last nite while gaming on BO3, 2nd xbox had OPEN NAT and mine has moderate NAT. I joined the xbox private chat group I was playing with. I could not hear the person on the 2nd console who was also in the chat party. I heard them here and there. I left and rejoined the party a couple of times before finally his voice remained audible. I presume there was a problem in this moderate NAT and party chat happening. I'm going to swap out the GT5300 and put on a FULL CONE NAT router today I think.

I've noticed on Xbox One even with Open NAT that we can talk and hear each other better in a party than when in a game session. I'm talking about Destiny and Gears of War 4.

One thing I noticed last nite while gaming on BO3, 2nd xbox had OPEN NAT and mine has moderate NAT. I joined the xbox private chat group I was playing with. I could not hear the person on the 2nd console who was also in the chat party. I heard them here and there. I left and rejoined the party a couple of times before finally his voice remained audible. I presume there was a problem in this moderate NAT and party chat happening. I'm going to swap out the GT5300 and put on a FULL CONE NAT router today I think.

Same thing happens to us some times. My friend had to go in and out of the party like 6 times and than we finally heard him. He had the bad NAT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, makes some sense then. Gotta love all this xbox stuff we have to deal with. BO3 has to be the worst game ever for audio and match making. :mad:

Same thing happens to us some times. My friend had to go in and out of the party like 6 times and than we finally heard him. He had the bad NAT.

Ok, makes some sense then. Gotta love all this xbox stuff we have to deal with. BO3 has to be the worst game ever for audio and match making. :mad:

I don't play any COD games. They're all trash to me. I bought the last few and traded them in the next day. Usually it's just the party and game chat has issues. We never have issues joining each other.