What's new

UPnP - Multiple Xbox One Gaming Consoles & NAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is this playing the same game as well?

What is your NAT TYPE# for both consoles after you turn on each one at a time? For PS, we presume type 2 should be seen on both.
You can also find what kind of NAT your router has as well and post it if you have time:
http://badmodems.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24

I am experiencing this as well with 2 PS4s as well. Asus A68U with the latest FORK fw. The thing is, we can game but we cannot party chat. I haven't tried anything with QOS, is there a specific thing I can try? Is the beta ASUS fw maybe worth a try?

Is this playing the same game as well?

What is your NAT TYPE# for both consoles after you turn on each one at a time? For PS, we presume type 2 should be seen on both.
You can also find what kind of NAT your router has as well and post it if you have time:
http://badmodems.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24

Type 2 on both PS4's. Same game or no game. It doesn't matter. Oddly enough game chat works so its not a mic issue.

Type 2 on both PS4's. Same game or no game. It doesn't matter. Oddly enough game chat works so its not a mic issue.
odd i head type 2 was fine *cough* *cough*, and it was ideal, well havent i been proven wrong.
also do you have any xboxes in the house, or gaming pcs?
is you qos set to game mode?

Which NAT types (Full Cone, Restricted Cone, Port Restricted Cone and Symmetric) do ASUS routers support?

Four types of NAT are defined in STUN (Simple Traversal of UDP through NAT) protocol.

All ASUS SL, RX routers support Symmetric NAT.

https://www.asus.com/ph/support/faq/95383/

also we need to know more about your setup, is it bridged with a modem or just a router by it self

Type 2 will be the max level you'll be able to get when behind a router.

Provide more info on how your router is configured.

Type 2 will be the max level you'll be able to get when behind a router.

Provide more info on how your router is configured.

I have a standard DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem connected to an ASUS RT-AC68U with the latest Merlin build. The ASUS has just been flashed so the config is fairly vanilla. Upnp is on. Oddly enough, after testing all day I shut my son's PS4 off and I was able to party chat with a friend on my PS4. So when we party up together, I can hear him but he cannot hear me.

I do NOT have port forwarding or a DMZ going. I have 20 or so wireless devices in the house along with Directv genie which is wired to the modem. I also have a pair TP-LINK AV1200. My PS4 uses that, my son's connect via wireless.

Finally, I do have a MOCA connection through the genie. Basically, I have multiple ways of connecting to the ASUS. None of mixing and matching them seem to fix it.

is the cable modem in bridge mode?
are the consoles directly connected to the router?
is it possible to hard wire you sons ps4 to the router?
is everything on dhcp or static ips ?
are you running adptive qos, if so set it to game boost.

Last edited:
Whats the Mfr and model of the ISP modem?

is the cable modem in bridge mode?
are the consoles directly connected to the router?
is it possible to hard wire you sons ps4 to the router?
is everything on dhcp or static ips ?
are you running adptive qos, if so set it to game boost.

The modem according to my ISP is in bridged mode. It isn't a router of any sort, just a dumb modem.
The consoles are connected via wireless, MOCA (wired Coax) or TPLink (Powerline ethernet)
I can wire my Sons PS4 through the TPlink but both are on another floor.
Currently, everything is DHCP, no reservations, and Upnp.
No QOS currently.

I have tried static on Both PS4's and setting all the port forwarding to one, that doesn't work.

Whats the Mfr and model of the ISP modem?
Arris CM820

@jhferry Just to clarify; You have 2 PS4's and everything works with both consoles online at the same time (gameplay and in-game chat). The only thing that doesn't work is the PS4's "Party" voice chat, and even that works across the internet but not LAN to LAN. Correct?

Wanted to post this for anyone looking to get OPEN NAT on there multi game consoles with same game running on both.

I got a ASUS RT-3100 the other day. PORT ADDRESS RESTRICTED CONE NAT is what OEM FW reported by that NAT test tool I got Merlin v380.64 loaded on it and Vexira said to use the following configuration:
Game Mode selected. Adaptive QoS enabled and selected, Bandwidth set to Manual and input ISP speeds. 200/10 for mine. Queue Discipline set to FQ_Codel,WAN packet overhead selected for Cable Docsis and it put a value of 18 for my Cable modem service. uPnP enabled is all. No Port Forwarding.

OPEN NAT seen on both BO3 game consoles same time running.

I left IP addresses for the game consoles alone for now. I'll test IP Address Reservations later on however this shouldn't effect nat status.

The modem according to my ISP is in bridged mode. It isn't a router of any sort, just a dumb modem.
The consoles are connected via wireless, MOCA (wired Coax) or TPLink (Powerline ethernet)
I can wire my Sons PS4 through the TPlink but both are on another floor.
Currently, everything is DHCP, no reservations, and Upnp.
No QOS currently.

I have tried static on Both PS4's and setting all the port forwarding to one, that doesn't work.

Arris CM820
ive had dumb modems form y old isp, issue was one of them wasn't giving a public ip to my router.

Wanted to post this for anyone looking to get OPEN NAT on there multi game consoles with same game running on both.

I got a ASUS RT-3100 the other day. PORT ADDRESS RESTRICTED CONE NAT is what OEM FW reported by that NAT test tool I got Merlin v380.64 loaded on it and Vexira said to use the following configuration:
Game Mode selected. Adaptive QoS enabled and selected, Bandwidth set to Manual and input ISP speeds. 200/10 for mine. Queue Discipline set to FQ_Codel,WAN packet overhead selected for Cable Docsis and it put a value of 18 for my Cable modem service. uPnP enabled is all. No Port Forwarding.

OPEN NAT seen on both BO3 game consoles same time running.

I left IP addresses for the game consoles alone for now. I'll test IP Address Reservations later on however this shouldn't effect nat status.
id advice to set the packet over head on a per connection basis as in only for your particular connection type based on the presets

I think just had a werid experience with, wifi channels I changed form 157 to 161 and it went form moderate to open odd.

I think just had a werid experience with, wifi channels I changed form 157 to 161 and it went form moderate to open odd.

I think that should be obvious that the problem here is your testing methodology.

How do you mean? Not sure about what your trying to get at.

id advice to set the packet over head on a per connection basis as in only for your particular connection type based on the presets

How is this performed?

Perhaps if you post the output of "iptables-save" as I had previously suggested of Vexira we might be able to see what is happening.