What's new

UPS Recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BostonDan

Regular Contributor
Hi Everyone,
I just had my UPS fail that was powering my Cable Modem, Router, Switch, Vonage, and a NAS without notice. As you can imagine, it left me without phone, internet, and inability to access to my data. It was the battery in the UPS that failed. To avoid this situation from happening without notice again, is anyone aware of a UPS:
1) with network connectivity and the ability to remotely monitor the UPS from a web browser
2) the smarts to email me when something is wrong, such as the battery starting to fail
3) USB connectivity to support automatic shutdown of my NAS in the event of a power failure.
4) Preferably under $200
In advance, appreciate everyone's help.
Dan

UPS Recommendation

Hi little-scrapper,
Can you tell me what price point starts to offer remote monitoring over ethernet?Under $200 was my goal.
Appreciate you thoughts.
Dan

Last edited:
Thanks very much.
I'm going to look into this a little more, but I this is right in line with what I was hoping to get. Thanks again and I'll update you if I find anything new on my side. Good Luck!
Dan

What NAS do you have? FYI, my Readynas will notify me via email if my $50 APC 550VA UPS battery runs low.

If you want a full web managed and SNMP managed UPS, look @

APC SmartUPS with network management card.
MGE (Eaton) Evolution with network management card.

Either will run you $500+ with the network card.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!