1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Verify if node is up in a Mesh setup

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by rrossorr, Jun 24, 2019.

1. rrossorr

rrossorr Occasional Visitor

I just noticed that my node was down (2x86U) .. most likely for multiple days. I have icmp disabled and only allow login with ssh via pub/private key. I'm on a Mac and wanted to start monitoring via a Bash script thinking I could copy my public key to the node and perform a "ssh asusnode uptime". I copied my public key to the node via ssh-copy-id, verified it worked. I them disabled ssh via password and now can't ssh into the node (Permission denied (publickey)). I'm guessing that the Node doesn't keep a persistent copy of the key? I can enable icmp and just ping the node .. any other possibilities/ideas?

Thanks

2. rrossorr

rrossorr Occasional Visitor

In case anyone has a need .. the following snippet performs the check:

Code:
       curl -s --max-time 2 192.168.xxx.x &>/dev/null
       if [[ $? -eq 0 ]]; then
          prt-success "asusnode <active>"
       else
          prt-error "asusnode <inactive>"
       fi

HuskyHerder and L&LD like this.