What's new

Vodafone PT configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pfonseca

Occasional Visitor
Hello ppl,

I'm from Portugal and I'm using NT-R66U parallel to my ISP Router. ASUS from Portugal, apparently developed a firmware to replace the ISP's routers.
I'm using several years from now the custom firmware from Merlin. As a custom firmware developed from the original firmware how can I use the configuration needed to use the Asus router to replace the ISP (Vodafone PT) router.

Any ideas?

Actually the configuration I have isto filter the tagged VLAN from the ISP to have an internet connection in my router.

Regards,

Yes, that's true, but without Merlin firmware:) I use the firmware to implement Entware and a Nginx reverse proxy.

regards,

Wrong, those FWs code are exactly the same as Merlin, if it's not yet integrated it will soon once the GPL is released, currently MEO ISP profile is working fine in the current RMerlin builds.

You have to forgive me, but this one http://asus-portugal.com/isp-config/index.html here is not a Merlin Firmware. It doesn't have jffs partition support, among other things. I'll wait for a newer version than 380.58, because this one have a bug in Internet vlan on IPTV configuration. I'm gonna use 38o.57 with a custom configuration for using ASUS on Internet access and Vodafone router to TV and VOIP.

Regards,

You've misundertood me, the ISP Profiles code is the same on both FWs (RMerlin and ASUS Stock), not the RMerlin FW features code, that's what we we're talking about here, i have it working on all Portuguese ISPs with RMerlin and it's working fine.

Last edited:
Hi there , i would like also to put the my ac88u working with the vodafone portugal isp , but since the new isp list was not been integrated to a new merlin firmware wet , can u guys help me to setup it ??

do i have to choose manual setting in the ISP profile ??

and if so it asks me

Internet VID PRIO 0
LAN PORT 4 PRIO 0
LAN PORT 4 PRIO 0

do i need to fill these , or should i use another profile instead of manual ??

@MerlinWRT , any news on when u will be able to rollout the new firmware with the new isp settings ??? , great work i love your firmware keep it up , thanks

The next builds will have the profiles there, in the mean time you can use boot scripts, they will work just fine.

The next builds will have the profiles there, in the mean time you can use boot scripts, they will work just fine.
Sorry hggomes. What boot scripts you mean?

okay I still continue to use two routers, the RT-N66U and the VDF router. After the NT I have a switch that splits to Asus and Thompson.
Then I've a configuration on IPTV Asus like this

Select ISP Profile Manual Setting
Internet VID 100 PRIO 1
LAN port 4 VID default PRIO default
LAN port 3 VID default PRIO default

and with this setting on a SSH session to the Asus Router

nvram set switch_stb_x=0
nvram commit
reboot

with this settings I have two public IP addresses on each of the routers and internet access on both.

What I'm, we are, looking for:

Get rid of the intermediate switch, have internet and TV (to have TV without issues we have to have a way to configures IGMP Proxy in the right way) on ASUS (the WiFi access is a lot more better and I can use Entware and OpenVPN) and bridge to the Vodafone Thompson to continue to use the Telephone.

Regards,

Just one more thing I forgot... I'm using v380.57 of Merlin Firmware.

I guess v380.58 is really buggy. Among other things, it's not possible to configure Internet Access VLAN on IPTV Custom Settings:(

Regards,

Last edited:
hello ,

Can anyone tell me if the new 380.59 has the vodafone pt profiles , i have the beta from the asus website working with vodafone direct from the ont , and i would like to know if the new merlin 380.59 suports the vodafone profiles now ??

i have and ac88u !!!

I realy like merlin wrt and want to take off the beta asus firmware asap

Thanks

Yes, 380.59 has Vodafone IPTV profile, but you should apply it via bootscript, so you can use the ISP switch ports instead of ASUS. The configuration done by ASUS seems faulty, it assigns 2 ports on ASUS router to VLANs (port 3 and 4) and you can't use ISP router switch, you can use only VLAN to LAN 4 on ASUS instead and then use the 4x ports from the ISP switch, IMO it's the best thing to do.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys been able to get IPV6 working ?

I can enable IPv6 in native mode and see this:
no_ipv6_dns_router.png

Devices do get an IPv6 but no IPv6 DNS, see:
no_ipv6_dns.png

ISP status page show that I do have both a IPv4 Adress and IPv6 delegated prefix:
no_ipv6_dns_vdf.png

@hggomes ? algum sucesso? :p

I only use IPv4, no IPv6 testing so far but i can take a look.

@mikecpt Nem sucesso, nem insucesso... :p

Last edited:
There is good reading about IPV6 by Chrysalis in this thread.
My fork uses a different IPv6 stack vs the current Merlin code, so really not applicable. (His UK ISP is doing something really strange in the IPv6 negotiation, and we're working offline to try and figure it out).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!