What's new

VPN Configuration Truncated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoeHz

New Around Here
Using an RT-AC86U running 384.15 of Asus-Merlin

I've been provided a .ovpn file to connect to a VPN and it works fine on Android clients.

When I try to use it on the router though it fails, and I'm noticing that the "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" section is getting truncated about half way through. The "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" doesn't make it, which is nominally the thing the router complains about.

I can't even paste the thing into the custom configuration section. It seems the buffer size is insufficient.

Is there something I can do to get around this?

ADV-thanks-ANCE

EDIT: I tried to upload a file via SSH with the untruncated key but found my jffs partition was full largely because of the rule.trf file. If I turn off Trend Micro and Adaptive QOS, can I remove this?

Anyway, I put the file on a mounted USB HD I had on the router and changed the CA line to refer to it. Applied the configuration and...

Dead in the water. Router GUI never came back from the "Complete" response. I lost connections to everything but facebook and google. Had to reboot the router. Logs seemed to indicate my config got further but I could not tell for sure. Can supply them if need be, but I figure I'm in the weeds now. Surely there is a known best way to do what I'm trying to do.

Last edited: