What's new

VPN for AsusWRT to Support USA NetFlix, Amazon Prime et al

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Biggupp

Occasional Visitor
"Three Dumb Routers" setup
Asus RT-AC68U Web-facing
Asus RT-N16 IOT Devices
Asus RT-AC88U Data & Streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime et al

I want to implement a VPN (via OpenVPN Client) using AsusWRT on the RT-AC68U for enhanced structure security. I must retain capabilities available in the OEM firmware that do not seem to exist in VPN firmware. VPN on individual machines really is not an option, either.
I diligently worked with ExpressVPN support, using multiple servers in US (& out); while I would get Netflix to work, Amazon Prime would then not work.

Biggup, tje best option at this time for NF and Amz, would be Torguard VPN; their customer support is second to none. You'll need streaming IP, and from time to time, servers get blocked, regardless where you are. We and others depend on Torguard, it's not inexpensive but in our opinion, they're very good and viewing quality can't be beat. Check their site out, they may be running a holiday discount for the yearly package, or perhaps one of the other members might be able to come up with an affiliate discount code for you. (we don't own stock nor are we other than happy subscribers). Merry Christmas and good luck.

TY. I'll give TorGuard a go and report back. BTW, I asked about a discount. They are offering 50% off by using this coupon code:
TGLifetime50

That's the one; contact their support if you ever need, they've never let us down. One day during a show, the tunnel died; turned out Amz had blocked the IP, which affected many customers. Torguard moved quickly after we contacted them in order to set up a different streaming IP (it's always good to have a secondary, non-streaming OPVN tunnel set up in case of emergency). Always Backup your settings, ID/Password and account information and Enjoy your viewing!

"Three Dumb Routers" setup
Asus RT-AC68U Web-facing
Asus RT-N16 IOT Devices
Asus RT-AC88U Data & Streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime et al

I want to implement a VPN (via OpenVPN Client) using AsusWRT on the RT-AC68U for enhanced structure security. I must retain capabilities available in the OEM firmware that do not seem to exist in VPN firmware. VPN on individual machines really is not an option, either.
I diligently worked with ExpressVPN support, using multiple servers in US (& out); while I would get Netflix to work, Amazon Prime would then not work.
See the link below for the solution.
https://x3mtek.com/why-i-use-torguard-as-my-vpn-provider/

I help many expats set it up and also help forum members. Please let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
I use ExpressVPN and Torguard. Both work good with USA Netflix however recently Amazon Prime and now Playstation PS-Vue are blocking ExpressVPN servers and the only working option for me is a "residential IP" from Torguard. They work great with terrific speeds from my locN in SE Asia but come at a cost. Give it a try, test it out for a month.