What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Boomer057

New Around Here
Two months ago I replaced my aging Google Mesh Routers with an ASUS RT-AX68U Router. I absolutely love it! I also do a lot of streaming. I have a NVIDIA Shield connected by Ethernet to one of the ASUS ports. I also use NordVPN on my Laptop, Cellphones, and NVIDIA Shield. Recently I loaded the NordVPN client to my ASUS router to cover anything that goes through the router. But, when I had the NordVPN running on the NVIDIA Shield while streaming, I have a third-party app running that provides a GREEN DOT in the upper corner of the screen to show real-time if the VPN is up and running. When I move the VPN to my router, I no longer get immediate feedback or any indication the VPN is up and running.

My question: Is there any way to configure the router so if the VPN goes down, the entire Internet signal also goes down? This would provide me comfort knowing I could never be streaming without a VPN running.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!