What's new

VPNMON VPNMON-R3 v1.3.3 -Apr 2, 2024- Monitor WAN/Dual-WAN/VPN Health & Reset Multiple OpenVPN Connections (Now available in AMTM!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That is the exact same time as others started reporting issues. Thank you!
Could it be related to what's discussed here?
I changed my custom config to what Viktor has here and my connection returned. I'm not sure if that was merely a timing issue though, due to the above issues others have been experiencing.
If you're using an old CURL statement to write servers to one of your VPN client slots in VPNMON-R3, then it may be coming back with zero/null. But there's a fix for that. Let us know what you're seeing on your end, what you're using, etc.

But Nord seems to be working fine for me today (US servers)...
The curl statement was still working. I managed to run that again and it still returned results.

That is the exact same time as others started reporting issues. Thank you!

I changed my custom config to what Viktor has here and my connection returned. I'm not sure if that was merely a timing issue though, due to the above issues others have been experiencing.

The curl statement was still working. I managed to run that again and it still returned results.
Glad you're up & running again! Perhaps just localized internet weather causing regional outages depending on where you are, or where your destination servers are located?

Last edited:
Glad you're up & running again! Perhaps just localized internet weather causing regional outages depending on where you are, or where your destination servers are located?
My current location is Medellín. My preferred servers are always in the US. This is my new curl command, just in case anyone else finds it useful.

Bash:
curl --silent --retry 3 --connect-timeout 3 --max-time 6 --retry-delay 1 --retry-all-errors "https://api.nordvpn.com/v1/servers/recommendations?filters\[country_id\]=228&limit=20" | jq --raw-output '.[].station'

Some small email-related fixes that rolled over from BACKUPMON... ;)

What's new?
v1.3.3 - (April 2, 2024)
- PATCH:
Fixed a small issue that was present in BACKUPMON and also affected VPNMON-R3 where it was creating success/failure emails in the /tmp/var/tmp folder and was not deleting these tmp email files if you opted not to receive success or failure emails. Thanks to the keen eye of @ExtremeFiretop watching his precious disk space slowly but surely getting eaten up with unsent emails that weren't deleting, this has now been patched! Also, huge props to him for testing out the fix in record time!
- PATCH: Made some small eye-candy improvements to incorporate a little splash-screen effect when running "vpnmon-r3 -setup", or when hitting the (e)xit key... just to keep the OG logo around a little longer. ;)

Download Link (or update directly within AMTM/VPNMON-R3):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/VPNMON-R3/main/vpnmon-r3.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r3.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r3.sh"

Last edited: