What's new

Wan IP Problem-Help Please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NightmareTuga

Regular Contributor
Hello

I have an Asus Router RT-AC86U.

From time to time, I think that every 15 days, I have no Internet, but the lights on the router do not change. To have Internet again I have to restart the router and Wan always has a new IP, does anyone know how to solve this? Or why this happens?

Hello

I have an Asus Router RT-AC86U.

From time to time, I think that every 15 days, I have no Internet, but the lights on the router do not change. To have Internet again I have to restart the router and Wan always has a new IP, does anyone know how to solve this? Or why this happens?

If it's the AC86U hardware, it will likely get worse until it fails. Othewise, investigate the WAN equipment.

OE

Firmware version?
What apps are you running?
Have you tried a reset and manual configuration?
Are you running a USB device?

Only about a million causes that need narrowing down :)

This sounds like the lease has expired on your internet connection and the router cannot renew it.

You could try setting DHCP query frequency (WAN - Internet Connection) to either Aggressive or Continuous. But I doubt that will help. If it doesn't help there's probably nothing you can do as it's likely an incompatibility with your modem.

This sounds like the lease has expired on your internet connection and the router cannot renew it.

You could try setting DHCP query frequency (WAN - Internet Connection) to either Aggressive or Continuous. But I doubt that will help. If it doesn't help there's probably nothing you can do as it's likely an incompatibility with your modem.
Thanks, but I always use that system, so far no problems, but now the problem happens.

Thanks for all the answers and help.

I will do a reset and install merlin firmware.
By the way, merlin firmware works with aimesh?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!