What's new

WAN Statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Weggy

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to produce WAN statistics like my lesser BT Home HUB used to do with regards to stats like noise margin, line attenuation and signal attenuation. WOuld this be possible with software via a firmware update and if so do we think it would be a worthwhile addition?

Many Thanks

Those stats are normally associated with an ADSL modem, they wouldn't exist in any of Merlin's supported routers.
Ar, ok. Then I guess I'd have to try and login to my BT modem. Not sure if I can do that directly from the router.

Which modem? I have a BT Openreach modem with WebUI enabled and can access via router

It is. Thanks very much, I'll give this a go when I find some time and report back.
You'll need to use LAN port 2 if I remember correctly, then there's a couple of commands/scripts to run on the Asus to let you access the stats via the router rather than directly connected to modem. I'll see if I can find what I did and put steps together

You'll need to use LAN port 2 if I remember correctly, then there's a couple of commands/scripts to run on the Asus to let you access the stats via the router rather than directly connected to modem. I'll see if I can find what I did and put steps together

Hi, I'm probably being blind but do you have a link to the firmware I need to download. I can't seem to find it.

Would this statement be true and valid for me?

"which can be downloaded from the "B030SP08" folder here: https://mega.nz/#F!LdJFDIJL!e_E1twsIg2kTet8mPjrb4w"

If so I see three here. original, unlocked and webgui. Which one would be best for me do you think?

Nevermind I have it all working now. Although, now I'm staring at these stats:
Code:
                                Downstream        Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s)        50096             11394
SNR margin (dB)                 19.7              0
Line attenuation (dB)           12.7              7.5
Output power (dBmV)             12.7              7.5
and thinking are they the cause of the problem I was discussing here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/qos-and-ping-in-dota-2-please-help-me.48548/page-5#post-427156

From what I've read my "Line attenuation (dB)" is good. But I'm not so sure my "SNR margin (dB)" is very good at all. Perhaps I should post this question else where or could you answer it?

In addition I just ran "xdslcmd info --stats" on my modem and I see the follow:
Code:
SNR (dB):    2.9             6.2
Attn(dB):    19.7            0.0
Pwr(dBm):   12.7            7.5

Could you comment on this to?

Last edited:
Nevermind I have it all working now. Although, now I'm staring at these stats:
Code:
                                Downstream        Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s)        50096             11394
SNR margin (dB)                 19.7              0
Line attenuation (dB)           12.7              7.5
Output power (dBmV)             12.7              7.5
and thinking are they the cause of the problem I was discussing here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/qos-and-ping-in-dota-2-please-help-me.48548/page-5#post-427156

From what I've read my "Line attenuation (dB)" is good. But I'm not so sure my "SNR margin (dB)" is very good at all. Perhaps I should post this question else where or could you answer it?

In addition I just ran "xdslcmd info --stats" on my modem and I see the follow:
Code:
SNR (dB):    2.9             6.2
Attn(dB):    19.7            0.0
Pwr(dBm):   12.7            7.5

Could you comment on this to?

This is what I get on 70/16:
Code:
     Downstream    Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s)    79708    26216
SNR margin (dB)    11.4    0
Line attenuation (dB)    13.7    -1.1
Output power (dBmV)    13.7    -1.1

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!