What's new

Unbound Making the Youtube ad blocker Independent.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SALMIGHTY

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the YouTube ad blocker independent of the Ad and Tracker blocker with Unbound? I (and possibly others) would really like to use unbound for the sole purpose of filtering YouTube ads because I already use Adguard to filter ads. Or is there maybe a workaround for this?

Regards,

Walter

How i block ads nowadays is buying the controldns subscription and redirecting the traffic from youtube through albania.

Thank you very much for your replies. I got my Asus ROG GT-AEX16000 for 20 days now and I'm using AsusWRT-Merlin for 15 days now. I love the router and with MerlinWRT and the scripts you guys make it opened up a whole new other level of fun. Much respect for your work guys.

I was asking about the YouTube blocker in Unbound because I was trying if it worked and I noticed that several videos did not show any ads anymore, but on retrospect, with your comments about the fact that it is not possible to filter ads, it probably was because there were no ads in those videos. The apps which you guys suggested to me are of no use because I basically wanted the ads gone from our Mediabox Next's, Game Consoles and TVs, in this case the Samsung QN93CA which runs on Tizen and those apps aren't available on Tizen. Hopefully there will be something available in the future, the possibility is close to 0 but well, fingers crossed.

Anyways, I'm going back into the router to tinker some more with it, having fun trying out all the available scripts and tips&tricks.

having fun trying out all the available scripts and tips&tricks.

I see your signature. You are approaching the need of factory reset fast.

I see your signature. You are approaching the need of factory reset fast.

They come and go for now... :) Cycling through them until I make my decision what to keep or not. Thanks for the heads up though.

They come and go for now...

Understood. Some of the scripts in your signature are not needed on your router and some are deprecated or unsupported.

How i block ads nowadays is buying the controldns subscription and redirecting the traffic from youtube through albania.

How does redirecting through Albania help? Can you provide some more details?

How does redirecting through Albania help? Can you provide some more details?

"Connect to Albania server. It is illegal for YouTube to have ads in Albania. Free YouTube all day with no commercials."

I found this.