WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Rguiher

New Around Here
The documentation is wrong. It's 12 requests per minute, one every 5 seconds. This means it's 0.2Hz.
Well that makes more sense. Scary that someone at Asus knows the term "Hz" but doesn't understand the definition, but that's a different issue.

Rguiher

New Around Here
the lease had been changed to only 1 hour!!!! So, my hypothesis is that the isp changed a policy, and either the cable modem or the Asus somehow got the old lease time stuck.
Mystery deepening a bit - the router ended up restarting itself a couple of minutes later with kernel errors complaining about nvram corruption, and post recovery the lease time showed as a day - same setting I have for the router's dhcp server to my lan. So now I'm not sure if it's router hardware or a bad config, or there is a bug with the handling of the dhcp renewal. I will factory reset today and debug further, and follow up when I've got a conclusion. Still feels like I'm on to something with the renewal cycle though...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!