What's new

Weird Asus GT-AX11000 Pro Behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pretty sure its an issue with the router/firmware like I mentioned. Gen/Wave 2 BCM hardware has had issues with certain modems.

FIOS recently patched in early dec.

His issues would likely go away with an older 490X platform.

Oh..so you can never get 900+ from your Xfinity service and the S33, except on one 2.5 Lan port on 2 different routers.?
I wonder if some other 2.5 port modem (the Motorola mb68??) would behave differently..it seems like the routers...but..

I don't have xfinity or a 2.5 modem but my sb8200 plugged into the 2.5 Wan of the ax6000. I'm able to get 900+ on all 1G ports. Maybe check on the xfinity reddits?
So I actually went out and got the Motorola modem you listed with the 2.5g port. Went to best buy and same exact performance as the other one. I am at a loss at this point. I've now used 2 modems and 2 routers. Clean installed windows. Used Linux everything. I have no idea what is going on unless it's an xfinity issue

My kid has Xfinity at his school, 1g and an ASUS .. i can try to brief him on how to test it before he goes back.. could get results next week but kid
results could vary lol. Last time I asked him for a speedtest he said he got 900 and something..but no idea what modem is being used. no 2.5 devices as far as i know.

So to summarize my understanding; you always use the 10g or 2..5g into either router. On the ouput; the 2.5 port out gets 900-1300 but all the 1gig ports only get 800?

2 modems used, 2 routers used.

Can you say again how your testing.. I would think a fast machine with a simple 1 gig wired nic and going to the same speedtest.net server should be all thats needed.. Test at the modem output, then test off a 1g router output.

My kid has Xfinity at his school, 1g and an ASUS .. i can try to brief him on how to test it before he goes back.. could get results next week but kid
results could vary lol. Last time I asked him for a speedtest he said he got 900 and something..but no idea what modem is being used. no 2.5 devices as far as i know.

So to summarize my understanding; you always use the 10g or 2..5g into either router. On the ouput; the 2.5 port out gets 900-1300 but all the 1gig ports only get 800?

Can you say again how your testing.. I would think a fast machine with a simple 1 gig wired nic and going to the same speedtest.net server should be all thats needed.. Test at the modem output, then test off a 1g router output.
Exactly right. All my 1 g devices only pull max 800. I've swapped out every cable. Reset and reinstalled windows..I have even tested all my 1 g devices straight from the modem and all give same results. At a total of 800 mbps. Wifi 6 will randomly pull speeds up to 1200 mbps. But usually it'll hit it for a second before slow dropping down to 900-800. Then after running another test I'll get 350 from wifi 6

I'm going to try to run a Linux environment as well. I've been using speedtest and xfinity inbuilt speedtest as well

L

Ran speed test with modem and with router on linux mint, wasn't able to break 750 on either. I doubt its any sort of hardware issue, this is the same regardless of pc, cable, modem or router i use. So only thing i can narrow it done to is that there is something on xfinitys side. I am at a loss at this point. if someone has any other ideas let me know. This just doesn't make any sense to me. if my router is getting 1300 mbps, once pc can get that out of that port, why can none of my pc's hit 1g any where else. my last router gave me 1g no problem on all 1 g ports till it died. Im so confused

Thats a negative, i get 1300 on the pc that gets 1300, but any other 1 gig device nadda
on two different modems? it sounds like a problem with your 1gig devices.
Implies the 1300 PC should get 1 gig on the 1 gig router ports.

The 1300 PC only get750-800 on 1 gig ports regardless of router. I thought the same but I've taken steps to eliminate any problems and yet every 1 gig device has them

Like what else could it be. Like I said I tried new cables I tried safe mode I tried Linux. And what explains the poor wifi 6 performance? I got 1076 once on wifi. So the router is capable. Iperf shows everything as normal on all devices including my shield TV which is hardwired

Hey everyone who may or may not be following this still. Just wanted to provide an update. Xfinity came out and discovered that the in building line was basically destroyed. They ran a new line to my apartment and have had no issues since. Wifi speeds regularly top 1200 mbps and all my 1 gig devices now get 1 gig over ethernet. Not sure why or how that fixed it, but it did. So happy days

Hey everyone who may or may not be following this still. Just wanted to provide an update. Xfinity came out and discovered that the in building line was basically destroyed. They ran a new line to my apartment and have had no issues since. Wifi speeds regularly top 1200 mbps and all my 1 gig devices now get 1 gig over ethernet. Not sure why or how that fixed it, but it did. So happy days
Odd issue, glad its fixed.

Well that was short lived. Issue is back in full force. Same issues regardless of router or settings. 2.5 gig port gives great speed. 1200-1300. Any other less thsn 800

Time to call your ISP again. They regularly fix things only for the next service visit to wreak those previous fixes.

Just for some proof so no one thinks I'm losing it. Both speed tests run on same pc moments apart. Only difference one was done from the 2.5 g port the other from a gigabit port on router. No settings are changed all factory default

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119_201901_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119_201901_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20230119_202057_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119_202057_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 36

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!