What's new

Weird Asus GT-AX11000 Pro Behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which modem.did you settle on? Same pictures if you plug that PC into the modem 2.5 port and then modem 1G port?

Which modem.did you settle on? Same pictures if you plug that PC into the modem 2.5 port and then modem 1G port?
I stuck with the s33 since it always worked in the past. I'll check shortly to see modem only speeds. I actually bought a 2.5 gb nic for my plex server/pc to test on there and rule out the ethernet port. Sure enough this pc has the same behavior. I get 1300 mbps when off the 2.5 g port on router. And then I get like 730 when off the 1 gig port on router. Can't explain it man.

Ok as requested. Directly off the modems 2.5g port snd 1 g port. Starting to think not a router issue somehow? I did get better 1 gig port speeds from modem. But Def bandwidth on the table. I used to saturate at 940 mbps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120_183348_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    Screenshot_20230120_183348_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20230120_183132_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    Screenshot_20230120_183132_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 51
Either ISP or modem then..

Wonder if theres an issue with your specific S33.. Doesn't make sense that it does full speeds on 2.5G but struggles on 1G.

Last edited:
Yeah.. ISP sided then.

I wonder if theres something wrong with their provisioning. Never had an issue prior to receiving a 2.5G router?

Nothing else makes sense at this point considering two separate BCM3390 modems have the same issue.

Yeah.. ISP sided then.

I wonder if theres something wrong with their provisioning. Never had an issue prior to receiving a 2.5G router?

Nothing else makes sense at this point considering two separate BCM3390 modems have the same issue.
I had a few days where I wouldn't get full speed, but I just chalked that up to congestion lol. This whole thing has thrown me for a loop. I guess I'll contact xfinity again. Just really bizzare that 1.2 gbps speed works fine you know. Strange behavior. Yea I've done two routers two modems all with same results so idk

Incase anyone is still following this thread or stumbles upon it. Still seeing the same issue almost 9 months later. Iperf still shows full saturation of every single lan port. only one pc is able to achieve full speed from router and its my 2.5 gig nic pc. But its only when hooked up to the 2.5 gig port. So still no dice, Xfinity cant see anything wrong on their end, tech came by and agreed that my setup is flawless, no one has any idea what is happening, i must live in the bermuda triangle of networking

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!