What's new

Weird Asus GT-AX11000 Pro Behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sparky93

Occasional Visitor
Weird issue, got upgraded to xfinity 1.2 gbps speed. So got the AX-11000 Pro. When i hook up my modem to the routers 10gpbs and my pc to the 2.5 gps port i get on average 1300 mbps down and 40 up. However on my gigabit ports and on wifi 6, i cant get above 800 mbps. I was able to hit 910 once or twice, but rarely. I have run speedtests on my desktop capable of the full bandwith and get 1300 immediately after running the speed test on a pc thats limited to 1 gbps speed. Any idea what the issue could be. I've factory reset the router, upgraded firmware, downgraded firmware, installed merlin firmware, nothing seems to fix the behavior. My other router was able to get 940 mbps down consistently across any device hardwired and capable of 1 gpbs speeds. Confirmed i have no bad cables.
Any idea.

Welcome to the forums @Sparky93.

What firmware are you actually running?

The 'pro' is a new model. Be prepared for possibly many updates before all the glitches of a new model are ironed out.

Welcome to the forums @Sparky93.

What firmware are you actually running?

The 'pro' is a new model. Be prepared for possibly many updates before all the glitches of a new model are ironed out.
Thanks! Glad to be here lol.

I'm currently running stock 388.1 on the router. I was fearful of that. It just ducks since the 2.5 gbps port works beautifully well. Do you recommend a different router that would give me at least a 1 Wan and 1 Lan port that with 2.5 gig ports? I'm not a complete networking novice, but I'm not an expert by any stretch of the kmagination either

Firmware 388.1 isn't stock firmware. That is RMerlin firmware.

The GT-AX6000 is the most (hardware) balanced router you can buy today. You may want to test that in your environment.

You may also want to test Asus stock firmware on your current model too (there may be newer firmware available from Asus vs. what GPL drops RMerlin had available to produce 388.1.

Sorry my mistake sir, im not near the router right now, im running 388.22237, stock no settings changed. I might pick up the AX6000 then, it seems to be cheaper too then what i just bought so not gonna complain on that front. I almost want to just get my toes wet into making my own pfsense box, just dont know if it will be over my head a bit.

Weird issue, got upgraded to xfinity 1.2 gbps speed. So got the AX-11000 Pro. When i hook up my modem to the routers 10gpbs and my pc to the 2.5 gps port i get on average 1300 mbps down and 40 up. However on my gigabit ports and on wifi 6, i cant get above 800 mbps. I was able to hit 910 once or twice, but rarely. I have run speedtests on my desktop capable of the full bandwith and get 1300 immediately after running the speed test on a pc thats limited to 1 gbps speed. Any idea what the issue could be. I've factory reset the router, upgraded firmware, downgraded firmware, installed merlin firmware, nothing seems to fix the behavior. My other router was able to get 940 mbps down consistently across any device hardwired and capable of 1 gpbs speeds. Confirmed i have no bad cables.
Any idea.
How do you get 1300 on a 1g nic? The packet over head alone should have you in the 900s. Something is wrong with your testing mythology. Try iperf or vnstat.

I like the later to collect information to assess how much Internet speed I need.

You can load up qbittorrent with a bunch of Linux distros and see how much bandwidth you can get sustained. And measure the results with vnstat. Setting up iperf is more complicated.

And as others have said, new routers are going to have issues.

Sorry my mistake sir, im not near the router right now, im running 388.22237, stock no settings changed. I might pick up the AX6000 then, it seems to be cheaper too then what i just bought so not gonna complain on that front. I almost want to just get my toes wet into making my own pfsense box, just dont know if it will be over my head a bit.
I have two AX-GT6000 connected together in AiMesh Mode. I had an AX88U before but was having a lot of random disconnections with it then I kept following what @L&LD says about the importance of latency and how the RT-AX86U was one of the routers that gave him the best latency, then recently discovered the newer AX-GT6000 which has a faster CPU and great hardware and honestly it's been the best router I owned from ASUS so far, 0 issues, disconnections, and super fast with great WiFi coverage. It is priced very well now and is on discount in most online/local stores making it a great value considering what it offers.

Not a 1 gig nic, have arris s33 modem with 2.5 gbps, which is going to the 10 gps wan port on the router, my main pc which has a 2.5g nic is hooked into the 2.5 g port on the router. the other 4 ports are limited to 1 gig output, but those for whatever reason will not saturate. Main pc gets around 1300 mbps through the 2.5 g port no problems from router, but the 1 g ports from the router will not saturate

I have two AX-GT6000 connected together in AiMesh Mode. I had an AX88U before but was having a lot of random disconnections with it then I kept following what @L&LD says about the importance of latency and how the RT-AX86U was one of the routers that gave him the best latency, then recently discovered the newer AX-GT6000 which has a faster CPU and great hardware and honestly it's been the best router I owned from ASUS so far, 0 issues, disconnections, and super fast with great WiFi coverage. It is priced very well now and is on discount in most online/local stores making it a great value considering what it offers.
I just bought it on amazon, getting it sunday so ill test, if it works well ill return the pro, ill save almost 200 dollars doing that anyway so

So weird issue. Got the AX6000. Still get great speeds over the 2.5g port. Regularly hitting 1200-1300. However none of the 1g ports can go above 750 maps. Nor can the wifi 6. What's going on.

I will literally pay someone to help.me figure this out .I moved ethernet cable going to my PC that has a 2.5g nic to the 1g port on the router and same thing not getting above 800 mbps. I move it back to the 2.5g port. Bam 1300 mpbs. I move one of my 1g pcs to the 2.5g port same thing, only 800 mbps

Speed test within router. Just won't seem to actually give good speed anywhere else besides the 2.5g port. Ughhh I'm losing my mind
Screenshot_20230108_223919_Chrome.jpg

I will literally pay someone to help.me figure this out .I moved ethernet cable going to my PC that has a 2.5g nic to the 1g port on the router and same thing not getting above 800 mbps. I move it back to the 2.5g port. Bam 1300 mpbs. I move one of my 1g pcs to the 2.5g port same thing, only 800 mbps
so you are just disconnecting that same cable and moving it from the 2.5GBPS port to the 1 GBPS port and getting these low speeds???

Try this please, go to device manager on your computer, right click on the LAN card then choose properties, go to the Advanced tab look for "Large send offload v2" and set it to disabled for both IPv4 and IPv6, hit ok, then reboot your computer.

Another thing I need to ask you, do you by any chance have a KILLER Networking LAN or WLAN card on your system? If you do, then I know the solution, it's the stupid bandwidth management bloatware they have in the Killer Network Center so we need to disable all those services.

PS: For WiFi, even my laptop with the Intel AX-210 will not go over 750 MBPS that's normal.

so you are just disconnecting that same cable and moving it from the 2.5GBPS port to the 1 GBPS port and getting these low speeds???

Try this please, go to device manager on your computer, right click on the LAN card then choose properties, go to the Advanced tab look for "Large send offload v2" and set it to disabled for both IPv4 and IPv6, hit ok, then reboot your computer.

Another thing I need to ask you, do you by any chance have a KILLER Networking LAN or WLAN card on your system? If you do, then I know the solution, it's the stupid bandwidth management bloatware they have in the Killer Network Center so we need to disable all those services.

PS: For WiFi, even my laptop with the Intel AX-210 will not go over 750 MBPS that's normal.
Yep exactly what I'm doing, just switched ports. I used Iperf and all my devices are getting full bandwith, i was able to get one speed test over wifi 6 that clocked me in at 1157 mbps down, which was awesome.

Definitely no killer networking card, ive tried every firmware iteration there is. Interesting development though, i contacted xfinity just for giggles, and they actually see a problem on their end network wise. Maybe some sort of weird modem/xfinity glitch? Just doesnt make sense that i'm getting full throughput on the 2.5gbps port and there is an issue on their end at the same time. Don't know what the "issue" is, but I can't imagine it effecting anything since my speed tests do check out on the 2.5g.

However i'm leaning towards maybe an issue since i have 2 seperate routers now exhibiting the same issue, and the iperf test results seem to indicate that the ports are infact communicating at advertised speed.

I'll try the LAN tip when i get home, as for wifi, im not able to hit over 300mbps as of this morning. Scratching my head over here lol.

Yep exactly what I'm doing, just switched ports. I used Iperf and all my devices are getting full bandwith, i was able to get one speed test over wifi 6 that clocked me in at 1157 mbps down, which was awesome.

Definitely no killer networking card, ive tried every firmware iteration there is. Interesting development though, i contacted xfinity just for giggles, and they actually see a problem on their end network wise. Maybe some sort of weird modem/xfinity glitch? Just doesnt make sense that i'm getting full throughput on the 2.5gbps port and there is an issue on their end at the same time. Don't know what the "issue" is, but I can't imagine it effecting anything since my speed tests do check out on the 2.5g.

However i'm leaning towards maybe an issue since i have 2 seperate routers now exhibiting the same issue, and the iperf test results seem to indicate that the ports are infact communicating at advertised speed.

I'll try the LAN tip when i get home, as for wifi, im not able to hit over 300mbps as of this morning. Scratching my head over here lol.
Don't worry you'll get this sorted soon.

Tip: Make sure if you are using a 3rd party antivirus which has a built-in firewall to disable it while testing.

Tip 2: Go to settings > Windows Update > Advanced Options > Delivery Optimization and ensure that is turned off otherwise Microsoft will use your computer to upload previously downloaded Windows update files to other users. The problem is when your upload speed is saturated it can also have an adverse effect on the download speed.

Last edited:
ill give that a shot when i get home from work and give an update, ill also give an update after the xfinity visit this coming saturday, at this point i really am leaning towards something strange going on on xfinitys end. For shirts and giggles i took a router that had known good 1 gig speeds and it also exhibited the same behavior over wire, not saturating the ports at all.

Sounds like a modem issue.

in the US, Fios modems were bugged until early dec 2022 via GT-AX6000. Only thing I can think of.. good luck.

What speed do you get on the AX6000 1gig ports if you use the 1gig port on the S33 plugged into to the same 2.5 Wan portion the ax6000?

So odd if it's in the 900s..like both routers don't know what to do with extra 2.5 Wan port data to reduce it to 1g.

What speed do you get on the AX6000 1gig ports if you use the 1gig port on the S33 plugged into to the same 2.5 Wan portion the ax6000?

So odd if it's in the 900s..like both routers don't know what to do with extra 2.5 Wan port data to reduce it to 1g.
Same results as the 2.5g port on the s33. Will usually settle around 800 if not lower. And that's for all devices including the PC with the 2.5g nic

Same results as the 2.5g port on the s33. Will usually settle around 800 if not lower. And that's for all devices including the PC with the 2.5g nic
Oh..so you can never get 900+ from your Xfinity service and the S33, except on one 2.5 Lan port on 2 different routers.?
I wonder if some other 2.5 port modem (the Motorola mb68??) would behave differently..it seems like the routers...but..

I don't have xfinity or a 2.5 modem but my sb8200 plugged into the 2.5 Wan of the ax6000. I'm able to get 900+ on all 1G ports. Maybe check on the xfinity reddits?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!