What's new

what speed is good

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robinjoo1

Regular Contributor
does this speed
and up down seems good im on coax but it seems fine i have seen worse on virgin media forun
1705351202480.png

With nothing to compare it to, it is fine.

What are your paid-for speeds? What are other users on your ISP getting? What device was this test done on?

Too many variables to answer if this is 'good', or not.

does this speed and up down seems good

This speed is good for few families with multiple active devices at the same time. If it matches ±10% to what you pay for - good.

i mean good as in bufferbloat latency
1705358800120.png

i pay around 100 euro for the package i have compare that to virgin media uk users its verry expensive

i hope soon we will get full docsis 3.1 benefits there arent fully utlizing it for now
still eurodocsis 3.0 backwards compatible

cant wait for low latency docsis 3.1 rollout
they wont upgrade to XGS-PON like virgin media
instead docsis 4.0 field testing will begin shortly
1705358947150.png

1705358985321.png

1705359003021.png

This running of speed test every 15min negatively affects the users of your network. You saturate your connection for no reason and generate useless traffic.

This running of speed test every 15min negatively affects the users of your network. You saturate your connection for no reason and generate useless traffic.
i now have it running each 2 hours i had it running such way every 15 mins for 3 weeks 24x7 asked ISP many times if that would be a problem but they always stated no we have enough capacity on our network 10G uplink running to Final Amplifier located on tje ground floor of our appartement complex with 50 appartments connected to.it

This is perhaps not a big problem for the ISP, but for you and your family, perhaps for your neighbors sharing the connection bandwidth too. Every 2h now this speed test takes the entire bandwidth available to you. Time critical applications on your network like voice/video calls, gaming, sometimes streaming, etc. will have to wait so the script you have installed makes this data table and perhaps graph for your personal entertainment. As a result you steal bandwidth for no reason and perhaps most of your traffic is to speed test servers. Is this what you pay €100 for?

i live alone and like i said they allocated 10Gbps for the entire 50 appartments how often should i do it the every 12 hours

how often should i do it

Why you have to do it at all? Don't trust your ISP and you want to monitor the line all the time?

It's a wasted traffic and one more thing running on your router for no reason. On top of this the script you use is not supported anymore.

Why you have to do it at all? Don't trust your ISP and you want to monitor the line all the time?

It's a wasted traffic and one more thing running on your router for no reason. On top of this the script you use is not supported anymore.
fair reason but it still works ok

Any more expensive Internet packages with this ISP? They can perhaps generate better speed tests for you. 🤭

i pay around 100 euro for the package i have compare that to virgin media uk users its verry expensive

Just note that in the UK - one does not pay in Euro's - they're on the sterling... I've got team members in the UK that pay around £40 for gigabit fiber on EE... but in the UK, it is location dependent...

So your ISP is provisioning only ~200Mbps (d) for each apartment then.

Doing your speed testing, you're negatively affecting everyone connected.

Particularly because the upload is only allocated @ ~40Mbps per apartment, at best.

If 5 or more people did what you're doing, there will be full internet outages for the rest of the building. And would begin affecting your (and their) needless speed testing too.