What's new

What versions/builds of Windows officially support Wi-Fi 6E (6GHz)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm still not convinced. Some of what they said make zero sense, such as when they say it's been disabled in the driver - how can this be the case when the driver comes from Intel and not Dell...

Agreed - I don't think it is in the driver..

in any case, it's just an educated guess that the 6GHz capability is enabled/disabled in UEFI - without the computer on hand, it's really hard to tell one way or the other - there are UEFI tools out there that can pull files out of the UEFI file system and view...

And I still think that disabled in UEFI would also disable it under Linux. If they were fudging the PCIE ID or even the regulatory region, then Linux would also be affected.

I'm not so sure - UEFI in Linux is different than how Windows does things, or MacOS, where there's a whole sub-community debugging and fixing UEFI over in Hackintosh land

Like I posted (#31) maybe you can get it to work with Linux and the .dep package wich I posted earlier,
or if you have still warranty you should send it back.
(Also didnt see any other drivers, mods or workarounds at the board from mydigitallife.n*t) :rolleyes:

Warranty technically won’t cover it if 6Ghz wasn’t even advertised in the first place. Dell’s generally extremely lenient in my experience to consumer demands if you push them, so I guess it doesn’t hurt to try… Could try to mod the bios/UEFI if you have the right extraction tools. Probably not worth it, last time I modded a bios was for an Asus X550 laptop (to fix crippled GPU power limits) 6 years ago, finding the editing tools itself was a hassle….

Last edited:
Like I posted (#31) maybe you can get it to work with Linux and the .dep package wich I posted earlier,
or if you have still warranty you should send it back.
(Also didnt see any other drivers, mods or workarounds at the board from mydigitallife.n*t) :rolleyes:
I was able to get it to work with a bootable USB Ubuntu drive, however using that or Linux isn't feasible in my case.
Warranty technically won’t cover it if 6Ghz wasn’t even advertised in the first place. Dell’s generally extremely lenient in my experience to consumer demands if you push them, so I guess it doesn’t hurt to try… Could try to mod the bios/UEFI if you have the right extraction tools. Probably not worth it, last time I modded a bios was for an Asus X550 laptop (to fix crippled GPU power limits) 6 years ago, finding the editing tools itself was a hassle….
I have opened another support ticket hoping to escalate my case to return the XPS past the 30 day return window. Hopefully the fact that I opened a support ticket 35 days ago, and within the 30 day return timeframe, will have some bearing on their decision.

I'm still trying to work for resolution for my Precision 7560, which according to Dell specifications, does support 6GHz.

Given past Dell experiences, those details you provided won't sway them to return the product.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this for your particular case, I wish you all the best with your case against Dell.

Remembering those Days were you didnt get it directly from DELL and bought it from a Reseller near you in the 90s :)
Please report back (need to think about my Parents, simillar problems with DELL), would be nice to see if they are still OK when it comes to a Customer return.

Please report back (need to think about my Parents, simillar problems with DELL), would be nice to see if they are still OK when it comes to a Customer return.
I will. I already have a pending resolution for one of the systems and am awaiting resolution for the other. I'll update once I have full resolution for both.

Welcome to the forums @john78.

@john78, with Dell sheet, it (almost) doesn't matter which OS you install. Ubuntu worked (from memory), so it seems like the UEFI (Dell) is to blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add my experience, I'm running Windows 10 using a new Asus PCE-AXE58BT adapter (which I believe is running the AX210). The fine print on the box says that the Windows 10 driver does not support 6GHz, however this apparently works on the Windows 11 driver. I could not see the 6GHz connection when I installed the most updated drivers for this new hardware.

This was a little strange to me, so I did some digging and found this thread:

The answer in this thread worked for me. I uninstalled the WiFi driver and installed the older 2.45.1.1 driver for Windows 10, and now my computer can see and connect to the 6GHz connection. This proves to me that it is a driver issue, not Dell specific, and not a hardware issue or an OS issue. Really frustrating because one needs to hide any driver updates from automatically applying to this device; I had to roll back when it auto-updated the driver.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!