What's new

What would be a good alternative to a WZR-HP-300HN to use as a Access Point?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bluelude1

New Around Here
I have been using 2x Buffalo WZR-HP-300HN as access points connected via Ethernet to my Sonicwall TZ100, and I am getting to the point where I can't stand the Wifi dropout that plagues this router. I originally went this direction because of the high power antennas, 5 gigabit ethernet ports & decent price $70ish each, but due to the wifi dropouts I am in the market for something different.

I have done a fair amount of research already, but at after reading a lot of reviews I am having a hard time deciding on a clear front runner. I would like at least 4 gigabit ethernet ports, at least 2x2 streams, and good signal strength (who wouldn't :rolleyes:).

It seems like most of what I am looking for falls in the category of products like the Linksys E3200, E4200 & Netgear WNDR3700/4000. I guess the bottom line is am I going to have to step up to one of these $130+ routers for use as an access point or is there a better option out there.

Sorry for such a lengthy explanation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!