What's new

Where are the settings from GUI page USB FTP Share stored?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Climber

New Around Here
Using an RT-AX86U on Merlin 3004.388.4 and want to be able to modify the FTP client folder access permissions from a bash script. Does anyone know where the settings are stored?
vsftpd.conf doesn't seem to have them.
I can't find them by Googling or simply browsing through the filesystem. Wasn't able to figure it out from the .asp scripts either.

In hidden files (beginning with ".__") in the root of each USB drive. Also the acc_list nvram variable.

Awesome. Thank you for the fast help. I found the permissions in the .__ files
I don't have an acc_list variable in /jffs/nvram though. Plenty of other lists, but not that one.
But changing the .__ file and restarting the FTP service seems to work, so I'm good.
Thanks.

I don't have an acc_list variable in /jffs/nvram though. Plenty of other lists, but not that one.
That location doesn't contain all the nvram variables. You should use the nvram command to properly access the variables.
Code:
nvram get acc_list

Had already done that :) Just shows acc_num and acc_webdavproxy
What fature is acc_list associated with? Maybe my FW version doesn't have it or I don't have it enabled?

Code:
nvram get acc_list
doesn't exist in ax88u nvram either.

Maybe they changed how it works. It used to contain the usernames and passwords for the the accounts you create for Samba and FTP.

Just to update this thread to say that the nvram variables mentioned do still exist, it's just that they're hidden now. Presumably for security reasons. You can still modify them with nvram set if you know the format.