What's new

Which is Which??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kenz17

Occasional Visitor
Which wireless router should i buy that have BEST performance with P2P application that supports high numbers of global maximum connections and peer torrents? ISP is dynamic IP connection. Im using my existing wireless router now and my internet frequently drops if I use utorrent or any p2p apps for like 10 mins of continuous download then internet goes back to stable on its own then same thing happens all over again.

Experts! please help me out on which router should I buy for a heavy p2p user. Or can anybody tell me how to determine the global maximum connections and peer that a router can handle? Thanks!=)

Last edited:
Router Charts

With high-end routers, your Internet connection is more likely to be the bottleneck than the number of connections supported.

thanks for the reply jdabbs but im not that techie and i cant understand the chart. Can you suggest a good router for heavy downloading?

Is netgear wnr2000 better than d-link dir- 615 or dir 635?

which router supports high numbers of global connection for torrent/p2p downloads?

Router Charts

With high-end routers, your Internet connection is more likely to be the bottleneck than the number of connections supported.

my maximum internet speed is 3mbps which gives me 370kbps while downloading torrents and seems like my router stabs on my internet then goes back normally and after a few mins, internet dropping happens again. so right now, I need a good router that supports a HIGH number of global maximum connections and maximum numbers of connected peers per torrent. and can anyone teach me how to look at specs or any information so that I can determine if router supports it or not. thanksss:):):)

With only 3 Mbps downlink speed, you should try limiting the number of connections you use. At some point opening more connections doesn't help and just saturates your downlink connection.

Use the Maximum Simultaneous connection chart and look for routers that support 200 connections (our test limit).

Fonera 2.0N USA USD $99 bucks the only draw back it's not a Gig router only 10/100 but it has 802.11n. Would be nice to see a review on this one been out since Released October, 2009 Design and supports P2P and you don't need a PC or wireless laptop it suppose to free up wlap.

Here's everything that's available right now..
http://www.productwiki.com/routers/

Then compare with SmallNetBuilder the WNDR3700 got 86 out of 100 not bad.

Last edited:
Can you experts help me decide which one to pick?

D-link dir 655
D-link dir 635
Belkin N+
Netgear wnr2000
Linksys products.(suggestions pls.) thanks..

just some suggestions.:) thanks

Well I've been using Belkin N+ for almost 8 months right now it's the only N active for 802.11n only and I use for 802.11g only Buffalo WHR-G54-HP (71Mw TX) running DD-WRT opensource third party firmware enhancement. That list I posted it's here both of these routers/ap are listed in that list. The Buffalo have two of those 2 years old. Still going strong. But the Belkin N+ was replacement from DLINK DIR-655 which I had 1 year now. It was starting to act flaky in wireless 802.11g and 802.11n! I also have Trendnet TEW-652BRP overheated caused it to be power recycled to many times. Picked up Netgear WNDR834vB2 had a bad case of the hicups in WMI and the N was only rated at 270mbps not the full 300mbps, so the most you can get it 130mbps and not the 150mbps in draft N.

So I recommend Belkin N+ for 802.11n signal rather very strong and WAN/LAN in 1000mbps or 100mbps is very quick! Again it's up to you to decide what to buy we all here can only advise you want you should get.

Good luck on your decision..

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!