What's new

Why does disabling all AI-Protect & TrendMicro not reduce ram usage?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dugaduga

I hit the privacy button, last year or so I saw a 60-100 megabyte or more reduction in ram usage, now I'm seeing 225 mb of ram usage steady on a AC66UB1 in merlin.

What do you see with AI protection disabled? I didn't see any drop after disabling it, seems like it is still running in the background.

Last edited:
Must be all that malware running on your router. ;)

With TrendMicro consent withdrawn, and Skynet, Unbound and Diversion running with Standard+ hosts, my router uses about 115 MB. If I disable Diversion Plus hosts, I can get it down to 75 MB.

RT-AC66U_B1 on 384.15, DoT with 4 resolvers, IPV6 - 6RD, AIProtection, Adaptive QOS-sfq, no USB Applications, 7 Manually Assigned IP's, 49% RAM usage. Happy camper!

RT-AC66U_B1 on 384.15, DoT with 4 resolvers, IPV6 - 6RD, AIProtection, Adaptive QOS-sfq, no USB Applications, 7 Manually Assigned IP's, 49% RAM usage. Happy camper!

Does manually assigning IP's in LAN > DHCP Server use up RAM?

I have AiProtect, Diversion, Skynet, Conman, DNSCrypt, 2 OpenVPN clients running 24/7, uiDivstats, and as you've written (12) Static LAN IP's 785MB ... but I also have a 2GB swap file.

Last edited:
Ok, disabling diversion with 1.65 million hosts, it goes down from 200-235 to 80 mb with skynet and dnscrypt only. The hosts file alone on the drive is 36 mb.

Diversion Plus Hosts with a list that big does drain the RAM ... I went down from 2M to 1M

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!