What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Agreed but alas they have just corrected that very thing today and updated the app yay!

What took 'em so long! :D

I still think such an app can be dangerous with a touch interface. There are 'items' I'm afraid to touch for fear of not knowing what will happen. This is the nature of simple/dumb interfaces that require the user to poke around to figure things out... while trying to hold on at the same time!

OE

I am installing an RT AC-3100 with 384.3. It worked. I set a bunch of stuff (guessing at many things). I have internet access. Then I rebooted. Now it will not let log onto the router as administrator. I put in a new admin name and PSW when I was setting it up. It worked OK until the reboot. Now I have no access to the router for administration; but it is basically doing a normal router activity. Neither the new or old IP address for the router works.

I have been having problems with Win 10. It keeps on activating DHCP. I want only the router to handle DHCP. I thought I had fixed it. I don't know if that is part of the problem.

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this.

I am installing an RT AC-3100 with 384.3. It worked. I set a bunch of stuff (guessing at many things). I have internet access. Then I rebooted. Now it will not let log onto the router as administrator. I put in a new admin name and PSW when I was setting it up. It worked OK until the reboot. Now I have no access to the router for administration; but it is basically doing a normal router activity. Neither the new or old IP address for the router works.

I have been having problems with Win 10. It keeps on activating DHCP. I want only the router to handle DHCP. I thought I had fixed it. I don't know if that is part of the problem.

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this.
Same question posted here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/cant-access-router-current-merlin-it-was-a-bit-ago.45764/

Odd. Now this morning AC87 routers won't connect to the Internet due to some DNS issue (can still hit IPs) and the logins are different. Anyone seeing anything like this?

Odd. Now this morning AC87 routers won't connect to the Internet due to some DNS issue (can still hit IPs) and the logins are different. Anyone seeing anything like this?
Check the WAN DNS settings on your router. Make sure they haven't been changed by malware like was reported here.

"logins are different". Logins to what?

I have the same logins problem. The router will not let you logon using just the IP address. You can log on with one of the available strings after the IP. Then later it will only recognize another of the possible strings. Something changes.