What's new

Wifi drops overnight

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heinz

Occasional Visitor
When I wake up in the morning my wifi is constantly going to "Internet not available". Anyone else getting this? It can be fixed by a reboot but the kids get mad when they can't surf in the morning before school until i reboot the router. Running 68U with merlin latest beta.

Anyone else getting this?

No, I haven't had issues like that. Do the clients have issues connecting to WiFi or is your router losing internet connection?
Have you checked syslog (second to last button on the left side of the UI) for any clues?

When I wake up in the morning my wifi is constantly going to "Internet not available". Anyone else getting this? It can be fixed by a reboot but the kids get mad when they can't surf in the morning before school until i reboot the router. Running 68U with merlin latest beta.

I have the same problem on my 3100 with Merlin lastest Beta 2

No, I haven't had issues like that. Do the clients have issues connecting to WiFi or is your router losing internet connection?
Have you checked syslog (second to last button on the left side of the UI) for any clues?

I think this might be where it starts to crap out?

Sep 28 06:39:53 iTunes: daemon is stopped
Sep 28 06:39:53 FTP_Server: daemon is stopped
Sep 28 06:39:53 Samba_Server: smb daemon is stopped
Sep 28 06:39:53 kernel: gro disabled
Sep 28 06:39:53 qos: Applying codel patch
Sep 28 06:39:54 Timemachine: daemon is stopped
Sep 28 06:39:54 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
Sep 28 06:39:54 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/detector with major 190
Sep 28 06:39:54 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_max = 8000
Sep 28 06:39:54 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_timeout = 300 sec

If you don't find the root cause or while you are still looking spend $59.95 buy a Reset Plug www.resetplug.com.

I installed something similar on my network and having a "happy wife" has paid dividends many times over!