What's new

Wifi Issues on 380.66 and 380.66_2 on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mis103

Occasional Visitor
Hello All

I have been experiencing severe wifi issues on the latest firmware revisions as of late.

Ever since upgrading I have had the following issues.

• Intermittant bands showing
  • wifi dropping on and off
  • wifi showing no internet when connected
  • devices simply not connecting to the wifi when its available
  • no bands showing at all.
  • when it does connect and show as available speeds are extremely slow and unusable.

I connect to a vpn at all times however this is functioning absolutely fine and all wired connections are working as normal.

I don't like reverting back but I plan to revert back to the previous iteration today. I hope that this can be looked into and fixed on the next iteration.

Thanks

Hi I have an RT-AC66U and I am having the same issues. the last two firmware updates are not working. I am having all the same issues as described above. I went back to 380.65.4

Rick T.

Hello All

I have been experiencing severe wifi issues on the latest firmware revisions as of late.

• when it does connect and show as available speeds are extremely slow and unusable.

I connect to a vpn at all times however this is functioning absolutely fine and all wired connections are working as normal.

I don't like reverting back but I plan to revert back to the previous iteration today. I hope that this can be looked into and fixed on the next iteration.

Thanks
I have three AC88U and do not have any of those issues. Did you power cycle the router after the firmware update? Did you try a factory reset and reenter of the configurations manually or using the NVRAM backup and restore utility?

I have the AC88U and no issue here but I did a full reset before and after flashing the new firmware.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

AC3200 . Said it before, I have used all the Merlin versions ( inc. alphas/betas) for the last 3 years and have never seen any WiFi issues .

I always reboot - flash upgrade - power cycle router . 380.66_2 works flawlessly for me.

Airtime fairness off already

This had a fresh flash upgrade and has been reset to factory even and then reinstalled.

Literally nothing changed other than the firmware.

tuckerr200 has mentioned experienceing the same issues.

And this thread reports similar issues of dissapearing bands

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/5...380-66-update-on-rt-ac3200.39151/#post-326198

Clearly something is wrong here.

I accept others may not have this problem, but this does not mean that one is not present for some users.

I have used all merlin versions for years across 3 routers.

This is the first issue I have had of this nature.

Hello All

Thanks
I have the some of the same issues. I also have issues where some devices (like Nest) show up on the network, have an IP, but when I use the app or log into the site, it shows as off line. This build has been a rough one for me. I did a factor restore, and I have a LOT of configuration a head of me if I can get things working correctly. I also had major issues with my Lifx lights. Once I did the factory reset I was able to control them again, but some devices are just not working correctly, and my wireless devices (Pi 0 and a few others) Keep dropping. Same Router RT-AC88U. Maybe its the router version...?

Last edited:
Can any one look into this?

As it stands I have literally no wireless and have spent hours trying different things to solve. It simply DOES NOT WORK on 380.66 as per the above issues.

I understand some people have had upgrades that have worked but there are numerous reports of the .66 causing wireless issues so clearly something is different in this firmware version.

Not to mention wireless stability was mentioned in the release!

Please if you can let us know this is being looked into.

Might I suggest that you disconnect it from power for a few minutes to clear out any stray settings. If you just unplug and replug the power it will still retain them and you'll be back to square one.

I have the some of the same issues. I also have issues where some devices (like Nest) show up on the network, have an IP, but when I use the app or log into the site, it shows as off line. This build has been a rough one for me. I did a factor restore, and I have a LOT of configuration a head of me if I can get things working correctly. I also had major issues with my Lifx lights. Once I did the factory reset I was able to control them again, but some devices are just not working correctly, and my wireless devices (Pi 0 and a few others) Keep dropping. Same Router RT-AC88U. Maybe its the router version...?

I am seeing similar problems with Airprint and Sky Q on the Asus 5300

Separate thread here --> https://www.snbforums.com/threads/bug-in-rt-ac5300_380-66_2.39371/

Can any one look into this?

As it stands I have literally no wireless and have spent hours trying different things to solve. It simply DOES NOT WORK on 380.66 as per the above issues.

I understand some people have had upgrades that have worked but there are numerous reports of the .66 causing wireless issues so clearly something is different in this firmware version.

Not to mention wireless stability was mentioned in the release!

Please if you can let us know this is being looked into.

So far I have tried a Hard rest, and a soft reset, but still no luck. If I switch to DDWRT things seem to work well. I'd like to stick with this firmware, but I may have to switch back over if I cant get IOT devices to work correctly..

Just tried it....didnt work. Reverting to an earlier version to see if I have any luck.

I down graded to 380.65_4 and all seems to be back to normal... Time will tell...