What's new

WiFi issues with 386.7_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Puck6T9

New Around Here
So I updated my RT-AX86U to the latest 396.7_2 & now my amazon fire stick won’t connect.

It was connecting fine on the 5ghz band. With WiFi 6 mode enabled, enable 160 mhz, & auto select channel including DFS channels. Now it won’t. I have to turn all of those settings off for the fire stick to connect to the 5ghz band. If those settings are on, the fire stick will see the network & connect for a second. Then disconnects & refuses to see the network again, till I turn 5 ghz off & back on.

it was working fine on 383.5. My question is what changed? Why do I now have to turn those settings off for my fire stick to connect. Only seems to be my fire stick also. My phone & Xbox will connect with wifi 6 enabled.

Do a subforum search, if you haven't already, for "160mhz" and you'll find a number of past discussions where people are having trouble with 160 Mhz. There is also some discussion on 160 Mhz issues in the big 386.7 thread:
Also do a search, if you haven't already, for "RT-AX86U wifi" and you'll get even more hits with people having wifi issues.