What's new

Wifi Page Half Loading in 380.63

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One last question. I was going through some of the settings pages and I noticed that Quantenna Firmware is blank on the Sysinfo tab. Lan Port 1 is down, but could the firmware somehow have not loaded and this be the problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 302
One last question. I was going through some of the settings pages and I noticed that Quantenna Firmware is blank on the Sysinfo tab. Lan Port 1 is down, but could the firmware somehow have not loaded and this be the problem?

It usually means the 5 GHz CPU + radio isn't working. Try doing a complete power cycle of the router (turn it off then back on). If after that it still fails, then it means the 5 GHz portion of your router is dead. You will have to get it repaired/replaced.

What a crappy situation. Asus has some god-awful customer service, a warning I wish I had heeded before I bought a plethora of Asus hardware and accessories. Even though this is a well documented issue online, and even though I have seen threads with Asus reps communicating with customers about it, Asus refuses to acknowledge that the 5g Quantenna chip is a known issue and is treating the RMA as if I broke the router myself...not as if they mass produced a product with a faulty chip. They expect me to take my only router and ship it to them and wait up to 2 weeks before I get it back. The best part is they won't even replace it with a newer model that doesn't have this issue. They want to replace the chip with a new Quantenna chip and send the same router back to me. Why should I be without internet for 2 weeks, or why should I have to purchase another router so I have internet during the RMA? I dont think I will EVER buy another Asus product again because of this experience. What a let down.

Yes, RT-AC87U is definitely a model to avoid.

That's a normal procedure, it will not be different on any other brand, you can have Internet without ASUS router, simply use your ISP devices until you have RMA process done.