What's new

WiFi unreachable, reboot needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yelo3

Regular Contributor
Hello, I have an AC56U, with firmware 378.56_2.
Some mornings, when I wake up, I find that I can't connect to WiFi any more (signal is present, but the devices can't connect).
Can you suggest me how can I debug this issue?
After a reboot I try to read the log files, but log files inside jffs are old (11 days ago).
Thanks

Shut off anything that has to do with IPv6 and shut off the Traffic Analyzer as well (in case the AC56U has that one at all...I don't know).

In general, it would be recommended to note down all your settings, perform a factory reset, enter the settings manually again and ensure you only enter those that are absolutely relevant.

Also, make sure that the router doesn't run too hot. A scheduled reboot sometime during the night might help, as long as you don't usually run anything that needs 24/7 uninterrupted connectivity.

Actually I have traffic analyzer enabled, I will try to disable it. I also have a daily reboot scheduled, and when I upgrade my firmware I always configure it manually, not with a settings restore.

Do you know why traffic analyzer is causing problems?

Do you know why traffic analyzer is causing problems?
It's apparently some kind of complex software bug. I would assume that its implementation is quite deep within the system and that there's something that might crash some vital services or even cause a kernel panic, etc.. Maybe a memory leak, a buffer overflow... something like that.

OK, apparently I don't have this problem anymore. I will keep the traffic analyzed off