What's new

Win10 - ASUS USB-56AC adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

;( yea when I plug it in I get the US inserted noise and nothing up doesnt show as a device or blue light doesnt come on.... but it does make the USB Ding dong noise or whatever it is..

;( yea when I plug it in I get the US inserted noise and nothing up doesnt show as a device or blue light doesnt come on.... but it does make the USB Ding dong noise or whatever it is..

Look in device manager and see if it is recognized - if you see an "unknown" device, then click on the appropriate button in that device's properties...

...ok, got around to plugging it in :) Win 10 and it DOES show as a network ADAPTER in DVC Mgr :)... this is on my LAPTOP and also the original wifi mini card is there also (asus laptop)... What do you suggest next to get it working ? :) thanks in advance...

...ok, got around to plugging it in :) Win 10 and it DOES show as a network ADAPTER in DVC Mgr :)... this is on my LAPTOP and also the original wifi mini card is there also (asus laptop)... What do you suggest next to get it working ? :) thanks in advance...

Try disabling the built-in adapter in BIOS?

Alternately, go into the current adapter, and remove the network selection there (windows 10 should see both adapters, and the USB adapter might show as "Wifi 2" or something similar...

welp didnt work for me ;( Disabled it and the ASUS one DID/DOES show..., unpluged the hthernet, nothing shows up for wifi signals (there is plenty here)...

I noticed that AUSU DID put the WIN10 drivers back up on thier site so I installed those, still nothing ;(...

But as I said it IS Listed (the AC56) in device manager and you hear the PC Beep when you connect it to the USB3 slot....

;(

im about ready to throw it in the trash (lol)

well i cant get this pos to work guess this 2nd one is going back to newegg and ill get something OTHER than asus !

well i cant get this pos to work guess this 2nd one is going back to newegg and ill get something OTHER than asus !

You might have a bum device - sometimes this happens - I'd go for the swap first...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!