What's new

spdMerlin WireGuard Client Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M_Theory

New Around Here
Is there any way to get spdMerlin to test the speed of my WireGuard client? If not, any plans to add this functionality in the future. Currently spdMerlin only seems to recognize WAN and regular (non-WireGuard) VPN connections.

Thanks!

Not likely. The developer of the project no longer has any Asus equipment. He turned to the pfsense world.

A few of us have done some work on Jack's scripts to correct issues as firmware issues come up (via PR's on Jack's Github), but nothing substantial. At least not for SpdMerlin.

You can always use Iperf3 from the shell to test speed.

Jeff,

Thanks for the quick update and the iperf3 suggestion.

I was looking at the iperf documentation and I couldn't figure out what option I would use to run a speed test using the SurfShack WireGuard client that I had defined. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan

You would need to setup an iperf3 server on one end of your tunnel and a client on the other end of the tunnel.

If you are redirecting the internet through your VPN tunnel, you can just use fast.com and see what that tells you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!