What's new

Wireless connection issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zumorito

New Around Here
Hey folks, I am having a weird problem with this RT-N66U here...

For some reason I am unable to maintain a connection on the 2.4/5Ghz bands.
Sometimes I am able to get half a page to load, but most of the time the wireless connection fails.

Troubleshooting so far:
Power cycling everything
- Factory rebooted RT-N66U - set up new network with Merlin WRT (latest)
- Installed ASUS firmware - set up another new network

Nothing on my network was changed before this happened.

Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

I am beginning to wonder if this issue was a problem with RF interference?

Looks like one of my close neighbours set up what I assume is the AC brother to my N66U. After doing a quick scan, it appears that they are using all the same channels as me. Not only that, their signal quality seems to be a bit better too.

Would this be enough to prevent my computer from maintaining a connection on my own wireless network?

What is even weirder is that since late last night I am able to maintain a connection again...:confused:

Cheers

I am beginning to wonder if this issue was a problem with RF interference?

Looks like one of my close neighbours set up what I assume is the AC brother to my N66U. After doing a quick scan, it appears that they are using all the same channels as me. Not only that, their signal quality seems to be a bit better too.

Would this be enough to prevent my computer from maintaining a connection on my own wireless network?

What is even weirder is that since late last night I am able to maintain a connection again...:confused:

Cheers

Have you tried selecting a channel range that won't overlap them and see what happens?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!